Battle system.

#1Lanceheart563Posted 6/24/2010 8:42:31 AM
Will those little guys be our little fighters forever? Or will it be like pokemon where you capture new and different monsters to fight for you? Cause I saw different characters using different monsters to fight in the trailer....
---
"What do you call a sexually aroused unicorn...?" HORNY. ^_^
#2TwilightChildPosted 6/24/2010 1:52:39 PM
I think it goes like Pokémon. Except of course that Oliver can fight with magic as well.

Oh and incidentally Jade Cocoon which is another game Studio Ghibli worked on also had somewhat Pokémon-esque element of capturing monsters...
---
Studio Ghibli + Level 5 = Ninokuni <3
#3The_BoredomPosted 6/24/2010 4:07:27 PM

Oh and incidentally Jade Cocoon which is another game Studio Ghibli worked on also had somewhat Pokémon-esque element of capturing monsters...

Really now. Seems like a met Studio Ghibli alot earlier than I thought. I never managed to beat Jade Cocoon though. One of the four what-ever guardians always kicked my ass.. I think it was the spider guy.

Anyway, the battle system is my one gripe so far with the game. It looks pretty underwhelming. I didn't really like Jade Cocoon's combat either.
#4tlnPosted 6/25/2010 5:14:01 AM
I've never played any Pokemon games, but I did find the looks of the battle system to be a bit of a turn off.
#5EmeraldoPosted 6/25/2010 9:42:16 AM
Well in pokemon, tackle attack is pretty lame as well. I'm sure your monsters will learn more impressive looking moves as they level up.

---
PSN: paozo
My SCIV CaS collection: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v16/EmeraldWeapon/SCIV/
#6goemon1977Posted 6/25/2010 5:04:26 PM
the boy also uses spells and a wand.
---
From Gerrisurya "What the matter?In fact Gow is lesspopular than CV.Coz GOW come late." brilliance...sheer brilliance.