Why don't people like the MP on R3?

#1GEBumbleBeePosted 5/1/2012 10:20:17 PM
I'm trying to understand why people don't like the multiplayer for Resistance 3. I read, "Balance Issues" a lot...

I played it a bit... probably like 12 / 24 hours of total MP time. I really enjoyed using the move w/ it (I don't use the sharpshooter). Eventually for whatever reason I stopped playing it... I ended up buying a XIM3 (Mouse adapter to use on Console) for Xbox... but now that is not very fun to me.

Frankly I think pointer controls (Wiimote / Move) are the funnest way to play FPS games. There are some aspects where the mouse is more accurate / fast... but for the most part it seems to be a toss up. I know that in games where I use pointer controls I tend to fair better than I do in games that don't. Even using my mouse adapter on games like Halo, CoD, etc I tend to do average compared to what I do w/ pointer controls. Says something perhaps?

Anyway back on subject I do remember there being a lot of over powered guns @ times and just getting owned when I felt like I wasn't being killed fairly... it perhaps would be cool if there was a hardcore mode or something. But I definitely enjoyed the guns (Bullseye, etc), the maps, and the graphics.

Everyone hate the MP or what? (Population doesn't necessarily mean anything to me as CoD probably has the highest population and I really don't care for MW3).
---
<BEE> www.getransformers.webs.com; &.Drew http://and-clan.proboards.com/index.cgi; XBL: Drewsky XB; http://redscreenclan.webs.com/
#2zyrax2301Posted 5/2/2012 7:30:40 PM
This is the first game I've owned for which I haven't redeemed my online code. Considering this topic, I will keep it that way.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3GEBumbleBee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 8:47:20 PM(edited)
zyrax2301 posted...
This is the first game I've owned for which I haven't redeemed my online code. Considering this topic, I will keep it that way.

If you have a PS Move / Chuck then you are missing out even if there are, "Balance" issues as I found the 12 + hours I spent on this game to be A LOT of fun (Which is more time than you get from most Single Player games now a days). Not to mention the campaign which I never finished was pretty much universally enjoyed. I was just kind of burnt out on FPS games @ the time I think but if I wasn't I think I would have stuck w/ the MP for a long time.

I recently traded my PS3 for a gaming laptop so I can no longer play it @ the moment but kind of wish I still had it so I could. I actually made the topic because I saw a PS3 on craigs list for less than I sold mine for (About half the price actually) and was considering picking it up for this game again... but eh maybe not I'm still kind of FPS burn out.

I don't care for Halo because the community is awful right now... (I like Halo but the community is so negative its almost impossible to continue to like it). I think BF3 is boring (And I've played it a lot... I own it). MW3 isn't fun for long. Goldeneye Reloaded sucked... the only game I would probably play would be this or Killzone 3 w/ the move that is FPS. Too bad it seems the Move isn't getting much support and / or may be cut completely off when PS4 comes out. Hell there may never be another Move FPS again. The next Bioshock was supposed to be move compatible and then they decided not to.
---
<BEE> www.getransformers.webs.com; &.Drew http://and-clan.proboards.com/index.cgi; XBL: Drewsky XB; http://redscreenclan.webs.com/
#4115BulletsLeftPosted 5/3/2012 10:54:51 PM
If you can't find a FPS then may I recommend Timesplitters and a PS2 emulator? they don't make them that way anymore, sadly...
#5bnarmzPosted 5/9/2012 9:38:51 AM
I only play this game for the SP experience. Most multiplayer gamers stay loyal to certain games.

For various reasons, I'll only play Battlefield when ever I feel for some online action. COD and Battlefield are the best online games out there...every other game tries to copy them but unfortunately they come off feeling too generic.

Besides, I don't want to put in hours just to get used to it...especially when there is hardly anyone playing it. The modern war games seem to be the most popular, sometimes ppl take games way too serious and want their gaming experience to reflect that...science fiction mutiplayer games just can't keep the gamers attention long enough.
#6DirtyToenailsPosted 5/9/2012 1:07:45 PM
bnarmz posted...
COD and Battlefield are the best online games out there...every other game tries to copy them but unfortunately they come off feeling too generic.

Not that it bothers me (I play these games too) but come on... these two games (CoD MUCH moreso) are just a compilation of lifted ideas that work really well. The BF series has been pretty innovative throughout the series with how it handles large scale combat, terrain, and vehicular combat. CoD has done nothing to progress the genre other than making people crazy for perks, attachments, and ranks.
#7SilentK88Posted 5/9/2012 7:08:40 PM
bnarmz posted...
science fiction mutiplayer games just can't keep the gamers attention long enough.

Are you kidding me?!?! LMAO, Halo just made a record for most games played and most deaths. Most people with half a brain can't continue playing CoD because of the repetition. BF is pretty innovative but please don't come here making ignorant posts. If you do please at the end put "yours truly"-troll just to help us out.
---
How do you live when your ruled by your past.
How can you let go of a past that made you.
#8MohandasgandhiPosted 5/14/2012 3:47:12 PM
bnarmz posted...
I only play this game for the SP experience. Most multiplayer gamers stay loyal to certain games.

For various reasons, I'll only play Battlefield when ever I feel for some online action. COD and Battlefield are the best online games out there...every other game tries to copy them but unfortunately they come off feeling too generic.

Besides, I don't want to put in hours just to get used to it...especially when there is hardly anyone playing it. The modern war games seem to be the most popular, sometimes ppl take games way too serious and want their gaming experience to reflect that...science fiction mutiplayer games just can't keep the gamers attention long enough.

People copy COD? Really, what kind of fool would copy COD? It sells sure, but it is one of the worst shooters ever. You feel like all you are is a floating gun, that is in a fight with a bunch of cardboard dummies. The only thing you can say COD has that others don't is a huge pool of gullible sheep willing to buy up every game that is being mass produced. COD is still using the same game engine that they have for about the last 5 games. Not to mention that the multiplayer has been almost identical in the passed 5 games as well.

I mean come on. And please don't tell me that MAG or Killzone copied COD, because they didn't.
---
PSN: Rock-Keits
http://www.youtube.com/user/RockKeits
#9poopninjamvc3mkPosted 5/19/2012 9:45:54 PM
zyrax2301 posted...

Well damn Zyrax if you're not gonna use the code then send it down my way because I just got the game from a friend lol. Sp is great.
---
WelcometoPlaystation where daplayersplay,and360sredring likeeveryday. Bigfeatures hitexclusives,seehaterstrollin,and CODdon'tstoptill8indamorning.-Starbucks_Fan