How is this game compared to the DC version?

#1J_K_GUNSPosted 5/9/2011 11:58:24 AM
Thinking of buying it on Wiiware. But if its different from the DC version I may reconsider.
---
3DS: 2148-8141-2520
#2MjollnirfallsPosted 5/9/2011 5:47:56 PM
I'd actually like some more info about the game, too. I've never played MDK2 in any form, but I'd just like to know what this version is all about and if it's a good deal.
#3GitaroomanPosted 5/9/2011 10:43:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOo6Y7QcfJ8

supposedly motion control works great; graphically, wii version is missing some special effects, like the character has no shadow. And the Audio quality took a hit due to compression.
#4FilthyScumPosted 5/10/2011 12:08:49 AM
I couldn't resist -- I had to buy it. From what I remember, and keep in mind I haven't played the game in a long time, it looks almost identical. The game is SUPER fun to play using the Wii Remote + Nunchuk. Also, the game is WAY easier, since you can actually choose a difficulty. I remember the Dreamcast version being way too difficult to the point that it became no fun.
#5FilthyScumPosted 5/10/2011 12:42:39 AM
Actually, I think I may go as far as to say that it looks better than the Dreamcast version. This version seems to run at 60fps.
#6jebralPosted 5/10/2011 8:19:04 AM
I thought about busting out my DC for comparison, but eh.... What's been said is true: smooth framerate and nice controls :) I remembered this game being outrageously good looking back in the day, heh... Not so much now. But still, can't wait to get further in and jog my memory a bit more!
---
Pudding: It wiggles and jiggles.
#7Malek86Posted 5/10/2011 11:46:13 AM
Does the Wiimote make much of a difference? I remember the game had semi-automatic targeting already, so I'm not sure it really matters.
#8Malek86Posted 5/10/2011 11:55:30 AM
*takes a look at that video*

It certainly looks better and smoother. That and the difficulty selection, make me think it's actually a port of the PC version. But... did they cut the music tracks in half? That sucks. The soundtrack was awesome.
#9FilthyScumPosted 5/10/2011 1:11:32 PM
What do you mean that the music tracks are cut in half? They sound normal to me, but they were most likely compressed to fit in the WiiWare size limit.
#10Malek86Posted 5/10/2011 2:59:46 PM
Here's the full track from the start of the level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VmiOeRqAc&feature=related

The one in the video just fades and restarts after less than two minutes. Now to be honest, I don't really remember if they were actually cut in half in the PC game too, though i doubt it. I should check it. Wonder if my copy still works on Windows 7?