Endless Underground is brutal.

#1GjangPosted 6/20/2011 6:53:30 PM
So I decided to tackle on Endless Underground last night. It was kinda brutal and hectic but part of that was because I was careless. I went down there with few healing items and no reserved batteries at all. My light went out and around 5th floor or so and I had to push through to 50th floor in that state. But I finally got the trophy, yeah.

A tip for everybody:

- Upgrade your handgun to maximum first. Maxed out handgun can kill most of the normal zombies in 1 hit. It got me out of hectic situation many times.
- Don't rush. Take your time when you explore. The normal zombies in there are forever in rage status, as in their head is glowing in aura. They are really aggressive, they will rush to you as if they were men who saw oasis in the desert. Trust me, I once had more than 20 zombies chasing me trying to tear me to pieces.
- Take out special zombies asap. Whenever you see one, simply take them out before you proceed. Don't let them live on for too long because you never know what kind of other zombies you will face around the corner. Having 20 raged zombies including Tribal, Haeotoko, Iwadaruma, Dekamacho and Metabo chasing you around is not my idea of fun at all. It's gonna be your nightmare if you run into a dead end.
- When all else fails, run! This may contradict with what I said earlier, but you won't stand a chance in some situation (see what I said above, that was my situation in my playthrough). So your best bet is to bail out of that floor asap. Just run and run along with spamming R1 until you find the exit.
- You will face boss every 5 floors. So far I fought only Arahabaki (the Licker-like monster) and Onraki (the El Gigante-like monster). But they were easy, you could take them out with your handgun and they would die in no time. I think maxed out handgun can take down Onraki faster than Kiryu's monster rifle if you aim manually at its weakspot.

Good luck out there. I could go as far as 52th floor but the best record right now is 200th something floor which is crazy.
---
RIP for all the dead in Thailand.
#2chongwanhsingPosted 6/21/2011 12:22:29 AM
Can you bring the laser into the UG?
---
My EBA "ALL 300" "Jumpin' Jack Flash" multi-screen video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvLCnKqYWzA
#3Gjang(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 12:42:27 AM(edited)
clementchong posted...
Can you bring the laser into the UG?

Sadly, no. Or it's gonna be a walk in the park.

You have to keep the laser in your item box first or else you can't go into Endless UG.

And there's no shop down there. You can get more items by finding them lying around but they are hard to come by.
---
#4chongwanhsingPosted 6/21/2011 2:40:57 AM
What about golden gun?
---
#5Gjang(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 2:59:54 AM
clementchong posted...
What about golden gun?

Oh, Golden Gun is fine. I relied on it the most. Surprisingly, Golden Gun can kill Onraki really really fast.
---
#6Seiyou_All_StarPosted 6/21/2011 4:46:21 AM
what about the power stone bracelet? that accessory alone seems rather overpowered...
#7MolokidanPosted 6/21/2011 4:53:59 AM
So I'm assuming you went down there with Akiyama? That's what everyone recommends to do since you can fill your items with healing and no ammo. Have you tried wearing the stealth jacket so that zombies can't detect you?
---
Cool story:
http://danluffey.blogspot.com
#8Gjang(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 5:17:05 AM(edited)
Nah, I went down there with Kiryu. With Monster Rifle, Assault Rifle and Shotgun at my disposal. Along with 2 bottles of Toughness ZZ and 1 bottle of something that revive your partner. And 2 boxes of ammo for each gun.

Like I said, I went down there unprepared so it was kinda hard for me. I don't know about the power stone bracelet, though.

But zombies would gang up on you hard and fast, I can guarantee you that.

Oh and about the stealth jacket, I haven't tried that out yet. In fact, I haven't even touched it since I created it. The -99 defense was something that I wasn't happy with.
---
#9MolokidanPosted 6/21/2011 9:16:15 AM
So you only needed 3 healing bottles for 50 floors? You must be a really good dodger..or did you just try not to engage anything and dash through?
---
Cool story:
http://danluffey.blogspot.com
#10chongwanhsingPosted 6/21/2011 10:39:13 AM
I tried until B52 before I got bored.
I didn't even use the healing items I bought, I just used those that are found in the UG.
Golden Gun is really good to use against aggressive zombies, one bullet to kill one zombie without the need to reload.
I brought 3 batteries, all of them are used by the time I reach B51.
---
More topics from this board...
Yakuza 5 Petitionbillsnbizkits17/13 12:41PM