Problems with HTA 3

#1ZiggletoothPosted 10/19/2011 10:51:37 AM
I dont think you guys address this issue but I'm finding this part hard...

ok, how do you actually get on his stomach seal? what do I mean by that, well I do the jump to the armband then jump on the back of him and then run around

but!

jumping a few centimetres from his belt to the seal right next to it either makes my character grip all the way to the left, not even on it or too high (I think its too unstable high up, he basically goes to the hanging animation up there) why cant he just grab the thing in front of him?

and not being able to jump on the seal from his belt makes me loose the bonus from his wrist and also attacking when he comes out of walking is very hard when you waste time trying to attach to the seal. any opening I had goes away.

sometimes you can just walk on, but not always. so I jump it but he grabs too high.

whats the correct method?
---
Sensing that evil was great, he created a great flood that covered the earth.
It rained for 9 days and 9 nights. Praise Zeus. - 70 platinums
#2ChaosdaggerPosted 10/19/2011 12:03:50 PM
I normally jump on. Yes he grabs too high, but if you let go of R1 and then immediately press it again he should fall and then grab on practically centred.
#3CassyChanPosted 10/19/2011 12:04:34 PM
If you jump from his arm after the elbow lifts then during the arm shake by the time you get to his stomach it'll be hunched over, you can just walk into it a little and you'll see Wander's angle change (difficult to describe, walk into his hunched over stomach so his feet are just on the fur), then just hold R1 and he'll be grabbing the centre of the vital.
#4Mr_Big_BossPosted 10/19/2011 12:13:45 PM(edited)
get in front of the stomach vital, then hold R1 and climb a little to reach it. No jumping needed.

edit: damn I'm slow at posting :p
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#5Ziggletooth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2011 12:35:10 PM
CassyChan posted...
If you jump from his arm after the elbow lifts then during the arm shake by the time you get to his stomach it'll be hunched over, you can just walk into it a little and you'll see Wander's angle change (difficult to describe, walk into his hunched over stomach so his feet are just on the fur), then just hold R1 and he'll be grabbing the centre of the vital.

oh really? maybe I can get in more than 1 full stab now

but what about when hes doing his usually walking and shaking routine? I notice the only opening I have is when he begins to shake, and I can't walk on and grab it because it won't let me so I jump it and he grabs too high, by the time I drop and correct it then its too late.

furthermore his head is really difficult, it does too much stuff I dont know when to attack... I never have the guts to perform a full stab (usually I bail at 3 quarters) and his head shakes really gets your grip meter and forces you to rest a lot plus you know, the freak'n time

and even after that I seem to have difficulty getting his arm seal before the grip runs out, I only did it once today (but it was for practice I was over the clock)
---
#6CassyChanPosted 10/19/2011 2:01:52 PM
If you get onto his tricep hair, wait for the elbow to lift and then jump to the belt, run to the vital and get straight on it you should be able to get 4 fully charged and part of another stab in, then you only need to get the other half a stab in at the beginning of his walk routine (unless you're really quick and get in all the stabs you need in one go, either all as full stabs or with two half stabs after the fourth full one). I'd suggest just trying to get that part of the fight down so that you can get four fully charged stabs in straight off. When you need to get one in at the start of his stomach shake just make sure you jump up and then drop onto the vital before he stops walking, jump up after he's taken three steps since he last shook and you should be there in time and have enough stamina.

With the head if you get up quick enough like in the strategy I put in the other thread the arm will still be shaking and you'll get at least two full stabs unless Wander starts flipping out, I'm not too sure about when to time it myself after that, I just try when Wander gets stable and only go for half charged stabs, a little less when I feel cautious of how he's moving. Getting the right position on the head helps massively, if you can get to the head quick and walk up to behind the vital (if his arm is still shaking then his head will lower a couple times like his face is a bit more in line with the floor, allowing walking up his neck) and get it so you press and hold R1 just behind it immediately followed by pushing sqaure to start charging Wander's footing can be quite stable compared to getting on when he's walking about and with Wander flailing about everywhere. It's difficult and there's an element of luck, sorry I can't help too much on the head.

With the left arm vital if you do what I put in the other thread ( http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998181-the-ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/60540149 ) and wait by his right shoulder Wander's grip should fully recharge there, then when his elbow lifts move to the left shoulder and you'll see his left arm lift up providing a much easier path to the vital, land on or near the vital and it can be done using only about 60% of the grip if you get in those easier stabs while his right arm shakes. Inevitably the left arm will shake and you'll have to get in the stabs between them, but go for half charged stabs and don't get greedy with the charges (or unlucky with it shaking just as you pressed attack... which happens a lot and is hella frustrating!) and you should be fine, luck permitting of course.

Using his right arm's shake to get the majority of damage on each vital is the key to doing it, the difficulty then is just getting around him quickly which is a matter of practice and a bit of luck with the timing of his shakes and how eratic his change of movement can be sometimes when you're jumping from one part to another. Sorry that's not much more than trying to re-describe what you probably already know but it seems the bits you're having issues with are the bits where it's either a matter of getting to each vital fast during the right arm shake or just being a bit lucky with the bs aspects of the colossus' AI. If you can get every platforming part of it down well though then it's only a matter of time before you have it go your way :)
#7Ziggletooth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2011 2:57:57 PM
CassyChan posted...
If you get onto his tricep hair, wait for the elbow to lift and then jump to the belt, run to the vital and get straight on it you should be able to get 4 fully charged and part of another stab in, then you only need to get the other half a stab in at the beginning of his walk routine (unless you're really quick and get in all the stabs you need in one go, either all as full stabs or with two half stabs after the fourth full one). I'd suggest just trying to get that part of the fight down so that you can get four fully charged stabs in straight off. When you need to get one in at the start of his stomach shake just make sure you jump up and then drop onto the vital before he stops walking, jump up after he's taken three steps since he last shook and you should be there in time and have enough stamina.

Ok Cassy I have complete faith in your strategies, at this point I have to believe you are the sun tzu of collossi warfare. I'll make sure to do everything exactly as you have stated.

As I have failed myself too many times, I am placing all my efferts into your art.

see how that goes.

I preordered dark souls, I would open it if I could get this done. I'm finding this harder than anything in demon's souls. I don't think dark souls will be harder than this either - I haven't had this much trouble since the mirrors edge superstar trophy
---
#8Ziggletooth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2011 3:01:41 PM
The message exceeded the max characters, thats why I only quoted the first paragraph.
---
#9CassyChanPosted 10/19/2011 4:30:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Ziggletooth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2011 8:52:32 AM
hfddhklgfeklhegklhdslbhfdshgfoshdglvdsrifjgeg
sdjgkjds;lgkjv;dfsjgmn e es fre r e fre gtf ed ersg dfmsdgf
dsgjsdogj;odsj;ogj;dsj;lbjgdfsbg j jds;lfj dls;jg ;ldsj;jgdklsj gjds; gjds;lj g;dsjg;l jds;lkgds
gdsgdskgdsk gjdso gdslg dsogj dsj gjdsgj;og ds

care to suggest why my full stabs when he bends forwards do no damage even know they are on the seal? it's almost as if the game was designed so you couldnt take advantage of that.

why wont anything work for me.

I feel like I'm playing the mcdonalds clown in hell
---