Why did they do this? :S

#1DSsamuraiPosted 4/4/2012 2:41:28 AM

Hi. I'm a long time fan of Shadow of the Colossus. Did everything on the ps2, played the game to death. It was the first game to actully move me. Will never forget the ending...

So I recently got this for ps3, loved it. Frame rate fixed, hd is a lovely upgrade and the game was just as I remembered. But I did notice that I had lost my skill. Seeing as I found it harder to climb then I remembered. But I ignord it and got to the end. Now I'm almost done with Time attack on hard mode and had to take a break. I only just realised that the game has actully been changed? I can bare the change, took me some time to get used to it. But why did they do this? Friends of mine who I want to share the experience of the game with, all give up and I do not blame them. Seeing as Wander randomly lets go now... or shakes none stop untill you run out of stamnina.

Why didn't they save this for HARD mode???

#2ArchiantagonistPosted 4/4/2012 3:15:34 AM
Cos' it's not that hard to begin with?
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#3DSsamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 4:18:31 AM

: |

#4nemtanPosted 4/4/2012 11:39:09 AM
I played through this game for the first time last week. I haven't experienced the "easier" version you speak of, but I didn't find this "harder" one particularly hard. There were some frustrating moments, of course, but acceptable difficulty for sure.
#5Cory898Posted 4/4/2012 1:10:32 PM
I don't think anyone things the game itself is too hard, just that the increase in difficulty makes getting all the bonus stuff too difficult.
---
Formerly Sortagacktfan to any who would recognize me by that username.
#6DSsamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 1:50:55 PM

The ps2 was alot easier. Wander had sterdy grip and the colossus were not as agressive as this version.

I don't mind really. But I can understand why people are annoyed.
But making the hard mode trial items actully hard to get, makes sense, I guess.

#7SSJPabsPosted 4/8/2012 12:24:11 AM
Have to agree about the shaking. How do they expect you to actually down a Colossus when you NEVER stop ragdolling around? Even tapping the "stab" button didn't let me stab.

I'm doing hard mode now, and dreading the Time Attacks. I remember the wild strategies I had to do to get the PS2 items but all the stunts in the world won't do me any good if I don't have enough time to stab.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#8XxGhaleonxXPosted 4/11/2012 4:11:54 PM
I was pissed at first, but looking back (after getting the platinum trophy haha) I appreciate the harder difficulty. Most games these days just aren't hard any more. I haven't felt this frustrated with a game/still motivated to beat it so I can claim victory over it and rub it in it's face since the NES era... and as weird as that sounds I was glad to feel that way about a game again. I love this game.
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521302869
PSN: acetonskyhigh