Pirates Treasure - How do you BEAT this?

#1SSJLinkPosted 11/17/2011 4:13:51 AM
I've tried over 30 times and can't figure out how you are supposed to beat this level. I always get to the end (where the chest is jumping from mast to mast) and when I hit the top the mast falls down and I die (the screen moves). What are you supposed to do here?
---
\
#2ESP SamusPosted 11/17/2011 6:24:48 AM
You just need to move a little faster, making sure you get out of the water quick enough is key.
---
My arts- http://gopherguy.deviantart.com/
#3SSJLink(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 5:14:13 PM
I'm not sure entirely what you mean. You know how the chest is jumping from mast to mast? Well, I follow it up the wall and the chest just teleports to the end of the level and I die.

I'm going to try it again in a little bit to see if I can get any further.
---
\
#4SSJLink(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 6:11:48 PM
I figured it out. I had been gliding on the last jump when I should have just let go. By gliding the game didn't register that I was touching the chest when the mast fell.
---
\
#5RevengeOfZachPosted 11/18/2011 6:35:53 AM
You should never glide in any of the treasure challenges
---
http://i.imgur.com/QzHPa.jpg
#6dysfunktionPosted 11/20/2011 2:33:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7dysfunktionPosted 11/20/2011 2:36:11 PM
Yes, I am having this issue as well. I watched a video on youtube for it and I seem to be doing the exact same thing with the exact same timing. In the video the mast falls, the treasure lands on it, and you chase after it a few more feet to the end, in my game I make it up to the 4th jump from the left mast, I jump over to the right mast which is falling then the treasure teleports to the end, it does not land on the fallen mast , the screen moves with it killing me in the process. What am I missing, I am trying to do this on ps3.
#8dysfunktionPosted 11/20/2011 3:56:52 PM
okay, I have tried this about 30 times now, my friend and I have been watching it very closely, I think it's bugged, on my game when the treasure chest jumps up the masts, he lands on the right mast and runs up it a bit, then that mast falls with the chest on it, and you're supposed to jump over to it as it falls. However on my game the chest jumps over to the right mast, climbs up it VERY quickly then keeps going straight up off the screen, then just 'appears' at the end as the screen moves over very quickly to catch up to it.
#9The Nintendo MasterPosted 11/21/2011 7:30:03 PM
"RevengeOfZach | Posted 11/18/2011 8:35:53 AM | message detail | quote
You should never glide in any of the treasure challenges
"

This. Glide = instant fail. If you accidentally glide, restart.
---
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
#10The Nintendo MasterPosted 11/23/2011 1:32:55 PM
Actually I take back my former statement, there are some challenges in which it's safe to glide... But not in Pirate's Treasure.
---
He who laughs last thinks slowest.