Pirates Treasure is IMPOSSIBLE

#1MiOddPosted 1/7/2012 9:19:56 AM
I've played this level countless times, I have perfected every jump and every turn, yet I still cannot beat it. I saw an old post here on GameFAQs but it was locked and did not provide any solid solution to the problem.

This is what happens, I play the level perfectly and at the very end of the level when the chest jumps up between the two masts and when the right mast starts to fall the screen quickly jolts to the right and kills me every time. I watched youtube videos of this level and the screen never jolts like this, it moves slowly and smoothly allowing you to land and continue to the chest.

Has anybody run into this problem and found a solution to get past it? I love this game, but if this glitch cannot be rectified, I will never play it again.
---
This couch is the comfiest!
#2AllNothingPosted 1/8/2012 1:57:25 PM
Just did the level. It had the same "glitch"

After a couple tries, it worked. I don't know if I did something different.. maybe try to reach a higher (or lower) point between the 2 masts.

If you have someone to play with, you might try because you'll never play the exact same way and maybe one of you 2 will do the right thing.

I played with my brother, i.e.
#3Blue_Bomber222Posted 1/8/2012 5:54:57 PM
i just finished this level this morning and i had the same thing happen to me, i had to hover on the right side when the mass falls to the right, took me about 2-3 hours of non stop playing to get this level done on solo.
#4Tidus9rulesPosted 1/9/2012 10:03:46 AM
Wow sounds like they really play tested this game. Makes you wonder if the critiques that reviewed it got very far in the game, that none mentioned this.
#5TJORLYPosted 1/9/2012 12:53:29 PM

What character are you playing as? I heard this level was glitched and you could only finish it as Rayman or something.

#6Garp_fistPosted 1/9/2012 5:26:17 PM

What character are you playing as? I heard this level was glitched and you could only finish it as Rayman or something.

This. I only ever play as Rayman so I didn't notice anything, but I heard about it as well.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 117. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#7Blue_Bomber222Posted 1/10/2012 6:53:42 AM
i finished it with a teensie so this is not true
#8DarkECOJakPosted 1/10/2012 9:55:16 AM
I've figure out the issue that I, and most other people, were having thanks to a video on YouTube of a run of the level. The reason the screen moves to the right when the mast falls is because we all weren't wall jumping quickly enough at the end. Once I realized this, hitting jump as soon as I hit the wall got me high enough to where the game wouldn't flip out.

If you do this, you WILL pass it every time regardless of what character you are using. Don't let anyone tell you it's limited to the character.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#9Exa_ManPosted 1/10/2012 4:57:01 PM
I've tried that part hundreds of times as both Rayman and a Teensie and I still can't beat it.

To this date, Pirates Treasure is the only treasure-chest level I have yet to complete.
---
All hail Lord Zoidberg!!!
(\/)(;,,,;)(\/)
#10m_machine024Posted 1/10/2012 8:04:15 PM

Wow I thought I was the only one having problems at that part. I played as Rayman btw... I don't think the character is the problem.