ps3 vs 360 version?

#1kenshindonoPosted 4/1/2012 2:42:58 PM(edited)
probably doubtful i'll get an honest answer on the gamefaqs board but i'll give it a shot. I have both a 360 and a PS3 (and a Wii but forget that). I was wondering if one version of this game looked or ran any better than the other. Preferably i'm looking for someone whos played it on both systems (on the same tv hopefully) and can give me an honest opinion.

I did see one comparison video and the PS3 version looked like the gamma was turned up to high, which i notice is a problem on a lot of PS3 games for some reason. Other than that i didn't notice anything really, but the video was low quality. So can anyone tell me which one looks better, or if they look the same?

Generally if the game is identical i get the 360 version simply because i care more about achievments than trophies. But in this case it might be nice to get it on the PS3 since the earlier games i played were on the PS1 and stuff
---
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die"-Jade/TOA
#2Hotel_SecurityPosted 4/2/2012 10:33:59 AM
doubtful i'll get an honest answer on the gamefaqs board

Why would you not get an honest answer?

Also, why would someone own a copy of both to compare? The only ones who have both are folks who write the reviews for magazines and even then they only mention a difference if it’s a major one. And I haven’t seen one mentioned.

Generally if the game is identical i get the 360 version simply because i care more about achievments than trophies.

Except these are the same thing.

But in this case it might be nice to get it on the PS3 since the earlier games i played were on the PS1 and stuff

I’m not sure why this would matter. At all. Plus the PS versions of Rayman 2 are the weaker versions which have some levels missing anyway.
#3benexclaimedPosted 4/3/2012 8:25:04 AM
Usually the differences between 360 and PS3 versions of games are the result of limitations of one console vs. another and finding the easiest way to push something similar to both consoles. That's a not a concern with a game like Rayman. While it looks great, it's not going to put a strain on either system in any area. Pick your favorite controller and buy it on that one.
---
Formerly Sifellt Neytandi AND IT'S SO NICE TO HAVE A USERNAME THAT ISN'T A DECADE OLD
;)
#4kenshindono(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 6:52:42 PM
Hotel_Security posted...

have you been on GF long? Most threads get slammed with fanboys and flamers constantly. And @ the achievments and trophies comment about them being the same thing? ... not even remotely true. No one I know really cares about trophies, but all my friends do compete a bit for achievments. Trophies were an afterthought that was tacked on, and their clunky implementation shows that.

anyway. So I guess no ones compared them graphically? If they are the same I suppose it would probably boil down to the controller and trophies vs achievements. I really do prefer achievements, but the controllers important for a 2d Platformer. Assuming you can use the D-pad the PS3 would have the edge in that regard
---
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die"-Jade/TOA
#5Hotel_SecurityPosted 4/6/2012 12:11:02 PM(edited)
have you been on GF long?

Of course. No doubt you just suck at it.

Simple lesson: You will not get a response because

A) The person asking the question is an a-hole right from the start as you appear to be shooting for
B) It’s a question easily answered by searching on any FAQ
C) It’s a question no one knows or cares to answer like “Hey, my disc won’t work! Why is that?” or “Hey, I know there’s no reason to buy the XBox and PS3 version of a game and no one has done this but hey, who can compare the graphics between the two?”
Or
D) It’s such a stupid question that it deserves mocking.

Most questions that aren’t answered fall into these categories, mostly commonly in category B.

... not even remotely true. No one I know really cares about trophies, but all my friends do compete a bit for achievments.

Oh, well I didn’t know the factor of “my friends care about them” is a huge enough difference for you to declare that they’re two completely different things. Never mind that the requirements to get all the trophies are identical to those for the achievements barring very few exceptions. All that matters is what your dopey friends say, right?

And you wonder why no one answers your questions. You qualify for reasons A and C and partly B since only magazines would compare the graphics and not schmucks on a message board. Notice all the game-relevant questions here that got answered quidkly and nicely?...But hey, you're going to ignore all those since you've gotta whine about running into "fanboys" who flame you all the time. Ever wondered if it's your arrogant attitude that causes this and not the other posters?

and their clunky implementation shows that.

Oh settle down, Snobby McSnob. It’s such a miniscule difference that it’s barely worth whining about it. Deal with it.

And to answer your question, I’d get the XBox version. For one, the implementation of the achievements is far superior on that version. Plus more people care about the achievements which make that version far superior. Oh, I would also recommend because it would hopefully mean that you’d start posting on the XBox board for this game and stop posting your biased drivel here.
#6shinnok2k5Posted 4/6/2012 12:54:28 PM
Sounds like hotel security gets his feelings hurt easily....tc doesn't sound arrogant to me. He also didn't say he wouldn't get an answer, just not an HONEST answer, and by honest I think he meant non biased. Ps3 lovers would naturally reccomend the ps3 version, 360 owners tend to reccomend 360 over ps3.

I have the 3 you mentioned as well tc. But only the game on ps3. I tend to stick to xbox games because I like the controller and most of my friends have one. Which makes getting the achievments more fun for me since my friends can't compare achievments with trophies. I like to get em all on one system to keep my gs raising. If most of my friends had ps3, id play it more probably. As it stands its just a 3d movie player for me mostly. I love my ps3 though, as games like the uncharted series and killzone 3 are awesome games.

That being said, I usually feel like the games control funny on ps3, but I'm sure they feel fine I just think they are different cause I play xbox so much.

Id go with whatever controller you like the most as someone else said. I got it for ps3 because I take my xbox to work with me and wanted my son to have some games to play at home.
---
"We live in a world of give and take, but not enough men are willing to give what it takes"
#7Christopher BelmontPosted 4/15/2012 10:59:27 AM
A 2D heavy game like this isn't going to look/run better on either console. They're identical.

I went with the PS3 version because I prefer the controller. :)
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!
#8Hotel_SecurityPosted 4/19/2012 10:18:53 AM
Sounds like hotel security gets his feelings hurt easily

Nope. I just like to argue and to mock those who seem just a LITTLE too proud of themselves. Usually expose those chinks in the armor a bit. Pride’s a sin, you know.

tc doesn't sound arrogant to me.

He shouldn’t. Text doesn't make sound.

Ps3 lovers would naturally reccomend the ps3 version, 360 owners tend to reccomend 360 over ps3.

Then why not go to a Rayman board not devoted to a platform? Or to an official review as I suggested which he ignored?

But only the game on ps3.

My point exactly. No one but magazine reviewers have played both. To come to a message board on the issue is folly. And if no one mentions a difference then their isn’t one. Someone of the TC’s fine intellect should figure this out.

Which makes getting the achievments more fun for me since my friends can't compare achievments with trophies.

This is at least a better reason than his “trophies are an afterthought” argument. And yet the TC didn’t realize this response was the answer to his original query anyway. He wanted an honest answer and yet was biased to one console himself which would tell him which one to get. Ah, sweet delicious irony.
#9Doru_DinnPosted 4/24/2012 8:56:42 PM
kenshindono posted...
Hotel_Security posted...

have you been on GF long? Most threads get slammed with fanboys and flamers constantly. And @ the achievments and trophies comment about them being the same thing? ... not even remotely true. No one I know really cares about trophies, but all my friends do compete a bit for achievments. Trophies were an afterthought that was tacked on, and their clunky implementation shows that.

You're on the wrong boards, it sounds like.

As far as the controls though, don't you mean the analog stick? D-pads are D-pads, and the 360's "analog stick" is a d-pad with a stick on it, isn't it?
#10jonsushiPosted 5/6/2012 3:26:51 PM
To actually address the TC, the game looks great on both the 360 & PS3. If there are differences, they're extremely minor and I didn't experience any. With this type of game it really comes down to controller preference. However, even though I prefer the 360 controller, I find this game & games like it to be "better" on the PS3 because the D-pad is much better than the 360's. If you're using the joysticks though, then that obviously doesn't matter.

shinnok2k5 posted...
Sounds like hotel security gets his feelings hurt easily....tc doesn't sound arrogant to me. He also didn't say he wouldn't get an answer, just not an HONEST answer, and by honest I think he meant non biased. Ps3 lovers would naturally reccomend the ps3 version, 360 owners tend to reccomend 360 over ps3.
Id go with whatever controller you like the most as someone else said. I got it for ps3 because I take my xbox to work with me and wanted my son to have some games to play at home.

I agree with basically everything you said. I'd add that people like hotel security are the reason the TC said what he did. And with every post hotel continues to make he just gives off an exceedingly bad attitude. Sorry TC that you ended up getting the kind of attitude that you didn't want. However, I'm not surprised. Some people just have "issues."

I mean seriously, you're (hotel) the first reply and you don't even answer anything. You should be ashamed of yourself. You add absolutely nothing to any conversation. Posts are made just to argue. I've always wondered why these type of people even bother posting at all. Do some people just have so much free time that they have nothing better to do than antagonize others? If I had that kinda time, I'd be playing the game.

Also, a person must be new here or just not get around much if they seriously think that it's so hard to believe that non-reviewers might play the same game on different systems. That thought just makes me shake my head at the naïveté of someone who thinks like that. It happens quite a bit and is extremely far from being an odd question.

I have no interest in responding to someone with an attitude that's rude right out the gate and I won't be responding to people like that. I am so glad we have an Ignore button.
---
Playing: KoA:Reckoning, ME3(360), Uncharted 3, BF3, Rage
Wants: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Starhawk (fingers crossed), Borderlands 2