Not too bad, seems to be worth 800pts.

#1ShadowElite86Posted 4/25/2012 8:11:37 AM
I've only tried the trial but it certainly wasn't horrible IMO. The shooting and weapons is fairly generic, but the underwater exploration is kind of cool. The only thing is that they really didn't show much off in the demo in terms of enemy variety and if there will be boss fights and such. They also didn't explain what the XBL portion of the game is.

Either way, I'll be keeping this on my hdd for a rainy day.
#2Citrate1007Posted 4/25/2012 8:35:17 AM
800pts for EPISODE 1......no thank you. Sell me a full game or forget it.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#3mrbogdenPosted 4/25/2012 8:42:18 AM
How many episodes are there total?
#4AirGear_ZPosted 4/25/2012 9:19:20 AM
@TC
I agree fairly generic, but I find it refreshing being a fan of the sci-fi and third person genre. I found it to be decent. Theres nothing groundbreaking but its just fun.

I think there will be 3 episodes. I have no evidence but I heard that on PC they have a "Reloaded" (expansion?) Pack so I figured they might cut the game into half, then add the "reloaded pack" as a third episode. Its just my speculation on it.
---
XBL: CrossEdge77
#5PostalDudesHerePosted 4/25/2012 10:08:55 AM
Citrate1007 posted...

what's wrong with having it separated into episodes? I can see your concern for not having a complete game and then them never releasing the other episodes *cough*hydrophobia*cough*, but there are games like alien breed which had 3 good length episodes. I guess only time will tell if this will be a good investment.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#6ShadowElite86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 10:25:43 AM
There's nothing wrong with it being broken up into episodes, as long as each episode is the length of a normal XBLA game. I wonder how long this episode would take to finish.

So has anyone downloaded it yet and tried the Xbox Live portion of it or has gotten further into the singleplayer?
#7mrbogdenPosted 4/25/2012 12:27:00 PM
How long is the single player? Any boss battles?
#8light19921Posted 4/25/2012 5:42:23 PM
hydrophobia was such a good game i really do wish they could finish it
#9CarpetfluffPosted 4/26/2012 12:39:48 AM
ShadowElite86 posted...
There's nothing wrong with it being broken up into episodes, as long as each episode is the length of a normal XBLA game. I wonder how long this episode would take to finish.

So has anyone downloaded it yet and tried the Xbox Live portion of it or has gotten further into the singleplayer?

Episodes are all well and good IF they get released. Hydrophobia now feels like the most pointless game because it just...stops.
#10McGuirex3Posted 4/26/2012 4:56:49 PM
Citrate1007 posted...

You got a point!
---
This is a win,win forum i.e. you help me, you help yourself. Now we're both happy!