Sharks in the water - Oil rig level

#1wjjankinsPosted 11/17/2010 2:52:05 PM
Does anyone know how to get past this level?...my team gets swarmed every time...so frustrating...
---
#2ShotdownPosted 11/17/2010 3:59:31 PM
Read the topic on this page called Combat Tips. They are talking about that mission. Its a frustrating mission!!!!
#3wjjankins(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2010 9:32:00 PM
Just got past it...not really quite sure how but used missiles to lock at long range and take out as much as I could then switched to rockets until missiles recharged...rinse and repeat...had to try a few times
#4GatecrasherXPosted 11/19/2010 11:25:34 PM
It's certainly tough, going to try dropping the difficulty level. I always fail on the third big wave of attackers.
#5ShotdownPosted 11/20/2010 12:34:47 PM
Wait until you get to "City On Fire" Its even worse!!!!
#6ick4xboxPosted 11/22/2010 4:02:00 PM
I just beat it, here is how.

1. destroy all of the diversionary force but one using your cannon or hydra missiles.
2. target the last pirate with a hellfire... but DO NOT ENGAGE,
3. fly just under five miles from your target towards the oil rig, go into hover mode.
4. spin and fire your hellfire at the pirate ship.
5. whilst the missile is flying to target you should be flying controllably and immediately toward the main rig to the landing pad. Whilst on the way fire all remaining hellfires at pirate ships.
6. Find that landing pad and set down. You will need to throttle to zero and wait.
7. the screen will briefly fade whilst it reloads and repairs.
8. throttle up gently and fire all eight hellfires at enemy. Anticipate when you are about out of hellfires and start the landing process.
9, rinse and repeat.
10. for the final objective it is handy to have a full complement of hellfires..... so you might want to land again. It is quite possible to do the final part with hydra missiles.

Up and down baby. Like a jack-in-the-box…… but with hellfire missiles.
#7xXHighBoostXxPosted 11/22/2010 4:31:43 PM
Wow. why is everyone having such a hard time with this one?
I had no problem just flying from one group to the next only using my 30mm and rockets. Just dont stop and dont miss.
If you are accurate enough you should only need to strafe once per group... Rinse and repeat.

I will have to try this launch and reload tactic.
#8jackhammer244Posted 12/3/2010 12:58:48 PM
hi guys just use 1st person camera it's better then 3rd person and it will help you a lot, i stuck more then week on this lvl then i only passed it with 1st person cam , change ur HUD to green so you can see throw bright light , also use hellfire at first to save time then proceed to the next objective also the most important thing is the last attack which the enemy will come from 4 directions just nuke them with both gun and rockets even if you miss rocket near the target will be enough for ka-boom hope it will work :)
#9Muttley01Posted 12/4/2010 2:10:33 PM
This guy shoots like a sniper, one shot one kill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA3hEPiB3go&feature=player_embedded

What is the right method to learn how to shoot that precisely with no mistake with missiles?
#10Riceball80IAPosted 12/4/2010 2:28:30 PM
Lead.
---
First down, Iowa
GT- Riceball80