No Bookstore In New Town?

#1Razara565Posted 11/14/2010 8:30:08 PM
I liked how Bridgeport looked, so I figured I'd make some Sims in the lovely city... a city so mentally challenged that it has neither a bookstore nor an adequate selection of library books. One of my Sims was even asked to do a book signing at a non-existent bookstore, making the opportunity impossible to complete. I had to take the bookstore from the original town just to buy a skill book.

Is the new town like this for everyone, or is it just a glitch?
#2SlightlySychoticPosted 11/14/2010 8:46:28 PM
There IS a bookstore; I believe its merged with one of the other stores (I forget which). The problem is that the opportunities are unable to recognize it, so you can't finish the opportunities associated with it. It happens with a lot of opportunities (telling you to go to city hall, the military base, a certain restaurant). Hopefully they'll have it patched quickly because it's annoying as Hell.
---
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Explosivo does not answer most questions."
#3DarkLagunaPosted 11/15/2010 3:44:09 AM
It's with the Day Spa, near the center of the city. And sometimes the opportunities will point there, but it has an equal chance of pointing to the nonexistant bookstore from older towns, So your best bet is just to cancel the opportunity and hope it points to the new one next time you get it.

---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#4Pandaren EmperorPosted 11/15/2010 5:16:21 PM
Do I buy the mixology skillbook from that?
Coz I can't seem to find it there, might be my mods so I want to confirm that.
---
Mary had a little lamb, her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with Mary, between two pieces of bread.
#5DarkLagunaPosted 11/16/2010 6:30:24 AM
Yeah, all three Mixology books are there.

---
#6Pandaren EmperorPosted 11/16/2010 10:44:20 PM
hmm, I still don't see it there and I'm running out of ideas what mods clashes with that >.<

but can I learn mixology through bars?
---
#7DarkLagunaPosted 11/17/2010 9:53:57 AM
Yeah, but you'd have to buy a bar yourself; The Dive Bars, the earliest bars you can tend, need a Mixology of at least 2 beore they'll let you Moonlight. You might be able to practice at an untended bar (like the ones in community lots like the Graveyard and Restaraunt/Business complex, that shut down for a couple hours in the early morning) if you can't afford your own.

And as for mods, why don't you take them ALL out, and just add mods in that you know to be compatable with LN and each other? Are the stuff you get from the mods really worth what you lose out on by conflics screwing up your game?

---
#8Pandaren EmperorPosted 11/17/2010 10:15:42 PM
well, I got over 100 mods installed, though most are just skins and clothing and accessories. So going through them one at a time and shutting down and loading and go to the shops to check is going to take forever. And yes, I do prefer to keep them there, as I took out all the ones that even slightly suggest that it could mess with the thing. Now the only issue I have is not being able to find the mixology skill books, everything else's up and running. (though slow)
---
#9zaddy7Posted 11/18/2010 5:21:15 AM
if you wanted them you could copy for family to the family bin. then place them in a town with a book store and buy the books their. then make another copy of that family and replace the original with the copy with the books and their you have the 3 books. it would take a bit of time but you will get the books
#10Pandaren EmperorPosted 11/18/2010 9:22:20 PM
If I can develop the skill on a bar (yes I can afford one) then I wouldn't care about finding the book, I just wanted the skill, not the book itself.

Like looking at the moon, not the finger that points to it XD
---