Can you recruit more Vartan characters?

#1megametal42Posted 3/18/2011 2:30:04 AM
Canopus is my only flier...can you recruit other wing guys? I don't see anyone with an ability to recruit them...thanks in advance.
---
Go Army
Xbox 360 Gamertag/Playstation Network - Dethmetal42
#2RafisterPosted 3/18/2011 2:33:26 AM
Hawkmen are now considered humanoids, so they can be recruited as the other humans with the Recruit skill.
#3RyuniPosted 3/18/2011 2:42:48 AM

Canopus is my only flier...can you recruit other wing guys? I don't see anyone with an ability to recruit them...thanks in advance.

To answer your question, yes you can recruit as many Hawkmen as you want. But when it comes to the Vartan class, the classmarks are quite hard to get and they're randomly dropped by any Hawkmen from chapter 1.
---
Tactics Ogre: LUCT at http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6740332549EC5E90
EN Dissidia Duodecim at http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7D9690053C7FC33E
#4Talon5967Posted 3/18/2011 3:21:01 AM
Random is right.

The first game I started I took to early chapter 2, realized I wasn't developing the party properly, so I scrapped it and started over (common for me in rpg's, initial game is just to learn the ropes), and in that time found one peregrine(vartan) class mark.

In the second game I haven't even reached the end of chapter one and I have a dozen of them.

Now I just need to remember to give someone recruit when I'm spending skill points. I keep forgetting and grab other skills I want and use up all the points.
---
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#5megametal42(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 7:59:47 PM
I never thought of Hawkmen as Humans...guess it would have been easy to recruit them if I knew that! Thanks.
---
Go Army
Xbox 360 Gamertag/Playstation Network - Dethmetal42
#6Sir Spiffy CapePosted 3/18/2011 11:19:37 PM
That is so racist.

Someone needs to start a movement to bring some awareness to this whole hawkmen racism. Nobody would consider them human!
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#7Scarlet ArkardPosted 3/19/2011 4:50:35 AM
I never thought they were human. Every time I have tried to recruit one it was a zero percent chance, even if they were low health and the last member alive. I need to go and get a couple now.
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#8Dmm80Posted 3/19/2011 10:45:51 AM
it no longer matters if they are the last one alive it seems, there is no noticeable difference either way. Just loyalty and hp counts. You cant get them in chapter 1 but consider buying grenades, they cant kill so using them makes it easy to get them to 1 hp
---
Founding member of "The obtuse triangle table of Temple Master, Heavenly Arc Knights" looking for members