Any other PSP games worth owning?

#1EnragedSlithPosted 7/24/2010 8:46:31 AM
I really don't want to purchase an expensive piece of hardware solely for a game I've been hoping for for ten years now. Is there anything more than decidedly average on this system or should I just hope for a port?
#2holyknight14Posted 7/24/2010 8:55:08 AM
Jeanne D' Arc and Wild Arms XF were two good SRPGs that I enjoyed.

Most of the other RPGs I own for the PSP are either really niche and bad (Valhalla Knights series) or remakes/ports (Final Fantasy 1/2, Castlevania, etc.)
---
what goes around comes around, you know who you are and what you tried to do 3/23/09
#3SlimeknightPosted 7/24/2010 9:45:38 AM
I have played and finished Final Fantasy Crisis Core and that's a pretty good game that is a prequal to Final Fantasy 7. Also Valkryie Profile is pretty good although it is a tad on the complicated side. It features Norse mythology and it has nice graphics although it is a port of a PS1 game. The FMV are redone. Also if you can find them you can get umd movies. I bought something of Ebay that had 5 Family guide episodes and I watched them on a plane.
---
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?
#4Elemental_Mage1Posted 7/24/2010 10:01:37 AM
Valkyria chronicles 2 and the legend of heroes vi trilogy will be worth owning
#5actionrpg8000Posted 7/24/2010 10:13:21 AM
I posted this on the thread in the main psp board. PSP is the system to have if you like srpg's.

This is the most anticipated PSP title ever for me. SRPG's are my favorite genre. I began playing them on GBA, with FFTA and Tactics Ogre: KoL. KoL was my favorite title until I played many of the PSP titles, so I cannot wait to play this game.

Someone in the Neogaf thread made this comment, and I want to repeat it. If you love SRPG's and you do not own a PSP, then you have a problem. The PSP has become the system to have to play this specific genre of games.

FFT:WotL
Disgaea AoD
Disgaea DHD
Jeanne D'Arc
Wild Arms XF
Spectral Souls
LotR Tactics
Dungeons and Dragons Tactics

Upcoming:
Valkyria Chronicles II
Blazing Souls
Tactics Ogre
---
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
#6SlimeknightPosted 7/24/2010 10:24:06 AM
How is Dungeons and Dragons Tactics?
---
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?
#7EnragedSlith(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2010 10:36:29 AM
I'm not a big fan of SRPG's in general, just the good ones, which typically means deviating from JRPG fluff. Aside from FFT (which I haven't played), can any of those honestly compete with the SRPGs on the DS?

And about Dungeons and Dragons Tactics, is there a story there or is it just a long dungeon crawl/hack and slash?
#8BeckoPosted 7/24/2010 10:56:48 AM
I highly recommend you Dissidia and Persona 3
#9VenomousWestPosted 7/24/2010 1:07:06 PM
Surprised noone mentioned Brave Story, one of the best PSP RPG around.
#10THE metal gearPosted 7/24/2010 3:40:00 PM
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (aka Metal Gear Solid 5)
---
"Halls of justice painted green, money talking. Power wolves beset your door, hear them stalking " Metallica - ...And Justice For All