Was there romance in this game?

#1anbu-black-opsPosted 7/29/2010 9:33:41 PM

Was there romance in this game, specifically the main character? cause that was the only one thing missing in ff tactics and curious if there is any with this game.

It's nice to have alittle bit of romance in rpgs or in any games. It adds more depth to the story.

#2goguesPosted 7/29/2010 9:38:18 PM
Nothing really developed over the course of the game. I don't know if they'd change that in the remake as they are apparently adding new scenes and such, and there was someone that seemed like a potential romantic interest for the main character.
#3RygonPosted 7/29/2010 9:38:52 PM
Spoilz

There's a little bit of Demin x Kachua and Denim x Olivia. In the ending Olivia runs away with Denim.
---
I bet Dragunov_4_ever that Storm will be in MvC3's roster, now I can't change my sig until Spring 2011.
#4SazukeEXPosted 7/29/2010 10:10:01 PM
Olivia is the childhood sweetheart of Denim and in her ending, if you get the good ending, she goes to Zenobia with Denim. Her father encourages her to follow her heart and all that stuff while he takes care of everything back at home.

Jorcas is in love with Sisteena and Oz lusts after Seyle(At least in the Neutral path where he casts a charm spell on her after promising to take good care of her. In the Law path he gets angry at her and gives her to his men to do as they please when she demands that he kill her. It's implied that they rape and kill her as the screen goes black).

Vice loves Kachua from afar and in the Chaos/Neutral routes he blames Denim for Kachua ignoring his hidden affections.

There are some more as well...

Like, Alonser is in love with Leonard even though he ordered the massacre that kills her brother.
#5PrinneonPosted 7/29/2010 10:20:58 PM
It's less like "Denim x Kachua" and more like "Kachua -> Denim", and it gets pretty creepy actually. But then, I don't have all that much respect for Kachua's personality to begin with. =P
---
The Ghost-type Eevee Evolution. Dood.
"Look out Mario! Jin's using Arctic Dungeon!" (Time your jumps with the B button to escape.)
#6RygonPosted 7/29/2010 10:28:25 PM
FFT and TO both have a little brother/sister stuff happening.
---
I bet Dragunov_4_ever that Storm will be in MvC3's roster, now I can't change my sig until Spring 2011.
#7PrinneonPosted 7/29/2010 10:32:02 PM
Unless you mean Delita x Teta's corpse, then no, there's nothing all that suggestive of that in FFT. The game makes it pretty clear what a Super Square Ramza is, not to mention he's often oblivious to anything that doesn't involve killing evil guys (which he admittedly does very well).
---
The Ghost-type Eevee Evolution. Dood.
"Look out Mario! Jin's using Arctic Dungeon!" (Time your jumps with the B button to escape.)
#8ApollonPosted 7/29/2010 11:04:19 PM
In FFT, Ramza mentions his sister Alma at an annoying frequency. Marach - Rapha, Isilud (Izlude) - Meliadoul are other brother-sister couples feature in the story.

---
In the name of father, the son and mother earth.
#9RygonPosted 7/30/2010 12:52:16 AM
Does Matsuno have a sister?
---
#10W_Mark_Felt_SrPosted 7/30/2010 1:36:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]