wasn't it zeteginea?

#1debonairdarklinPosted 8/15/2010 12:51:42 AM
not Xyteginea. changes from translation, or did it become xyteginea before and i just didn't know it? little changes mean nothing, just curious.
---
i can't use what i can't abuse, and i can't stop when it comes to you
#2MackeyJ 1824Posted 8/15/2010 2:25:36 AM
I think they have a brand new translator for this installment of Tactics Ogre. Zytegenia > Xytegenia, Lans > Lancelot (more accurate) Katchua > Catchua etc. more accurate translations. At least, that's what I gather from current info.
---
0_0
Actively lurking GameFAQs since 2002
#3SirRegulusPosted 8/15/2010 3:07:33 AM
We still haven't seen much on the official English translations yet, outside of the official NA/EU sites. Everything like Catiua, Xytegenia, and the like are just romanizations we've seen in Japanese publications, as far as we know. It's entirely possible that Kajiya Productions is working closely enough with Matsuno's team that these are how they're choosing to translate these names, but it's still too early to say for sure.
#4VenomousWestPosted 8/15/2010 3:16:23 AM
Man f that. Unless it's as awesome as Gerakobits to Fawful, I don't want any name changes.
#5W_Mark_Felt_SrPosted 8/15/2010 5:00:43 AM
I don't want any name changes.

Then play the SNES or PS1 versions. It's not like the game hasn't been release twice already.

---
Not changing this sig until Square Enix reveals that codename FORTRESS is actually FINAL FANTASY XV.
You read it first on GameFAQs.
#6KoichimaruPosted 8/16/2010 11:04:17 AM
Why are people so irritated by name changes? Have you played TO LUCT recently? The script is filled with spelling and grammatical errors. The names in the PSX translation were probably messed up.

---
A new Tactics Ogre is in development. Tactics Ogre: the Wheel of Fortune. Where will Fate lead you?
(Lost hope for Asagi: August 5th, 2010, 1:15 am.)
#7Humble_NovicePosted 8/16/2010 9:07:27 PM
While the translation made by Atlus wasn’t perfect, it served its purpose by introducing this game to us. Since Alexander O. Smith will be this game’s new translator, we can be sure that the script will match the level of wit and poignancy found in Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy XII.
---
Help spread the word! Come and join the Tactics Ogre Fandom at Live Journal right here: http://community.livejournal.com/tactics_ogre/
#8Maximus40Posted 8/16/2010 9:53:11 PM
It isn't about spelling/grammatical errors. The names we were used to getting wild changes is kind of pointless and annoying.

Like changing Tritoch to thrown-up alphabet soup in Final Fantasy 6 for the GBA. No need for it at all.

I'm sure there will be ridiculous/unnecessary changes made.
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.
#9Humble_NovicePosted 8/16/2010 10:04:10 PM
Not all of these name changes are as bad as you say. In fact, some of them are quite interesting to say the least. Also, Valigarmanda is actually Tritoch’s original name in the Japanese version of Final Fantasy VI.
---
Help spread the word! Come and join the Tactics Ogre Fandom at Live Journal right here: http://community.livejournal.com/tactics_ogre/
#10Maximus40Posted 8/16/2010 10:10:10 PM
Yeah, Ted wasn't exactly the best translator. But the names were memorable and worked....just the way I feel about it I guess.
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.