General Information Topic

#41malystcPosted 3/8/2011 10:23:40 PMmessage detail
Can someone explain how you can view CF after you acquire the Crest of Fire?
#42Were Tiger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2011 10:34:50 PMmessage detail
Its in the Warren Report. Somewhere. I haven't gotten it myself yet. >.>
---
"Est Sularus oth Mithas...'My honor is my life.' You are your father all over again."
-Tanis Half-elven, Dragons of Summer Flame
#43ChaosRoutePosted 3/9/2011 1:04:32 AMmessage detail
huh well now i have new questions which of those events are in chapter 4 i am in chapter four have only done the fight to gain cistinas sister(i forget the name right now) any chance you could point me in the right direction with the english version names?

sorry i have so many questions about this its just i am new to Tactics Ogre and im a huge fan of FFT so i love this game already and wanna unlock everything to gain 100% perfection
#44RyuniPosted 3/9/2011 1:50:39 AMmessage detail
Good compilation Were Tiger.
Nice work.
---
My YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/Naeryu
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together playlist at http://www.youtube.com/user/Naeryu#grid/user/6740332549EC5E90
#45Reginleif20Posted 3/9/2011 2:38:22 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#46KazamaArashiPosted 3/9/2011 6:16:11 AMmessage detail
I want to do something to help so I decided to give a rough breakdown on how the damage system works. I haven't fully figured it out yet, since the damage system underwent some revision from the old system if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully, this will answer some questions as to why your characters are doing low damage.

Calculating base/raw damage values is very simple. Just subtract the attackers' Combined Melee/Magic attack with the defender's combined Melee/Magic Defense for the raw damage values. For example, if Denam has 585 Melee attack and the defending unit has 400, raw damage will be 185 points. Strengthen/Spellcraft/Fortify/Resistence will affect the Melee/Magic Attack/Defense values. Terrain has no bearing on the damage done unlike the old damage system, only accuracy.

This raw/base damage is then modified according to resistences and skills towards certain types of attacks or elements or racial type.

Orbs uses a different formula based on strength instead of magic so if you want to use them, high Physical attackers should use them for that extra ranged 'kick'. They can get very expensive and time consuming to craft but if you don't mind the tedium, they are a very good option for characters such as Knights (Terror/Divine/White)
#47Humble_NovicePosted 3/9/2011 9:20:24 AMmessage detail
Thank you so much for creating this topic! I'm sure a lot of players will find the information they need right here. By the way, there's something I need to know regarding that post on raising the Chaos Frame via decisions. Would it be possible to do all that before recruiting Cressida? I want to be sure since I fear that particular sub-quest might not be available once certain storyline battles are completed.
---
Do you love Tactics Ogre and other strategic role-playing games? Then come over here to this cool site: http://s4.zetaboards.com/Tactics_Bastion/index/
#48Were Tiger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2011 6:38:38 PMmessage detail
Reginleif20: No, the Phorampa Wildwood is just an optional side area that can be useful for training. You can get some high end crafting recipes there if you know exactly where to look, but nothing there is permanently missable.

Thank you so much for creating this topic! I'm sure a lot of players will find the information they need right here. By the way, there's something I need to know regarding that post on raising the Chaos Frame via decisions. Would it be possible to do all that before recruiting Cressida? I want to be sure since I fear that particular sub-quest might not be available once certain storyline battles are completed.

As far as I can tell, there's no time restrictions on Cressida's sidequest.
---
"Est Sularus oth Mithas...'My honor is my life.' You are your father all over again."
#49KazamaArashiPosted 3/10/2011 7:30:04 AMmessage detail
Well I haven't seen a thread about how to be successful in recruiting other than the old PS1 guide so I guess I'll put this here. These are observations I gathered while trying to recruit enemies for their gear since there are some differences between the new system and the old system.

Success in recruiting depends on 5 factors:

1. The loyalty of the target
2. The distance between the target and the recruiter.
3. Ranks in the pertinent racial skill.
4. Ranks in the recruiting skill.
5. Remaining HP of the target.

First things first. Target loyalty affects the success rates of recruiting significantly. The higher the loyalty, the lower the chance of recruiting the target. When checking the loyalty of the target, the loyalty 'message' indicates the loyalty of the target towards their employer, not the player. So if the loyalty 'message' of the target is, "This unit backs your every decision.", their loyalty towards their employer is very high thus harder for the player to recruit. There isn't anything you can do about the loyalty of the target. It's random and the player cannot control that.

However, what the player can control is the other 4 factors. There is a specific recruiting skill for each specific species. Bear in mind that the correct skill is needed to recruit the corresponding species. The closer the player is to the target, the higher the success rate of recruitment. The ranks a unit has in the recruitment skill affects BOTH the effective recruitment distance and the success rate.

At rank 1, the effective recruitment distance is 1 square away from the target, meaning the recruiter has to stand next to the target for the best chance at success. For every rank the unit has in the recruiting skill, effective recruiting distance is added by 1. So if Denam has Rank 2 in the Tame skill, he can be as far away as 2 squares and his chances would be as good as if he was right next to the Dragon.

The corresponding racial skill also affects the success rate of recruiting a target.

Here's a tip on training the recruit skill. For every use of the skill, successfully or not, the unit gains experience in the skill. So if the player wishes to train the Tame skill, the player does not have to have a Dragon to use it on. Simply cast it on anyone and experience will be gained for the recruitment skill.
#50Were Tiger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2011 7:54:14 AMmessage detail
^
Excellent, I'll include that in the next version.

Should add however, that enemy loyalty can be reduced by inflicting the Bewitched status. Sadly the status seems to last for a very short duration when used by the player, so multiple applications may be desired.
---