Pirate's graveyard

#11Meteorites(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2011 12:46:40 PM
Rafister posted...
Azelstan needs to participate in that map if you want to unlock the rest of the maps

Wait, what? I just finished it without Azelstan. Did I screw up? I unlocked a whole bunch of maps though. What other battles do I need him in?
#12DropDeadFred_Posted 3/15/2011 3:24:02 PM
I just did the pirate graveyard myself, and it was only 5 maps. I must have missed something. i thought the whole point of the pirate graveyard place was to fight a Lich and recruit it. It amazes me how deep and sometimes complicated this game is. They really did a good job.
---
I play by my own rules. Nobody else's. Not even my own.
Currently Playing: Tactics Ogre (PSP), Super Mario Galaxy 2
#13yingchenluoPosted 3/15/2011 3:29:12 PM
Meteorites posted...
Wait, what? I just finished it without Azelstan. Did I screw up? I unlocked a whole bunch of maps though. What other battles do I need him in?

There is this one scene before a battle at the very, very end. If Azelstan is not on the map for any reason at the end of that battle, you will not get the scene where he offers you the pirate treasure.

If you ended pirate's graveyard without being able to recruit Azelstan, then you have not had the 2nd battle at Omish. Progress through the plot to unlock more notices in warren report.
---
"Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
#14mr_aus10Posted 3/15/2011 3:30:20 PM
If Azelstan didn't show up as a guest in the 4th stage (Crystal Halls) then I'm guessing you missed one of the following steps:

1) Read Port Omish, Den of Thieves in the Warren Report early in Chapter 4.
2) Complete the first Port Omish battle and save the guest before going to Mount Hedon.
3) Read "The Pirate's Graveyard" in the Warren Report which apparently appears after the Hagia Banhamuba stage.
4) Visit Phidoch Castle to unlock and read "The Pirate's Graveyard" in the Warren Report.
5) Visit Port Omish again to see a scene.
4) Visit Qadrida Fortress to see a scene. This must all be completed before attacking Barnicia Castle.
5) After Barnicia Castle but before attacking Heim Castle, read "The Dread Pirate" in the Warren Report.
6) Return to Port Omish for another battle before attacking Heim Castle.
7) Unsure of the end time here but you may as well proceed to the Pirate's Graveyard now to be safe.
8) Azelstan shows up in the 4th stage. You're good from here. Use him on Ripples of Grief (6) and On Holy Ground (12) to see special scenes. May as well use him in all stages to get his level up.

Feel free to correct my outline if the timing is a little off (taken from the strategy guide and changed where I found a difference) but this process worked perfectly for me. If you mess up the guide states that you cannot proceed beyond the 5th stage but can fix things using WORLD.
#15DropDeadFred_Posted 3/15/2011 3:35:07 PM
Ah, well I'm right before entering the hanging gardens. is it impossible for me to do this now?
---
#16mr_aus10Posted 3/15/2011 3:39:48 PM
Er, didn't mean to repeat 3) and 4) there. I'd say it's impossible to do now but you're close to the end of the game and therefore getting WORLD to undo / redo things right.
#17DropDeadFred_Posted 3/15/2011 3:41:52 PM
Yeah i suppose... :( I just wanted to do everything I could before doing the hanging gardens stuff.
---