Cursed Weapon Info, all in one place! [REPOST]

#61gemeni_anoPosted 6/25/2012 7:43:08 AMmessage detail
You either level a unit to every class he/she is available or collect every tarot card(emperor, empress, death, devil, fool & lovers won't increase your stats though) you see with your chosen unit.

Try to read the general info sticky, it HELPS a lot for those who just pick up the game..:)
---
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661
#62coineineaghPosted 8/3/2012 12:30:13 AMmessage detail
I noticed that snapped weapons are handled differently than bag drops, since they are added to your inventory. It's a flaw in the chariot system;

If you've been charioting for a difficult combination of damage type/element/race bonus, and decide you'll settle for best 2 out of 3 from a previous snap, it does not suffice to simply go to the completed snap in that occasion: Your last snap combo will still be in inventory, instead of the one that occurred at that timeline. You MUST redo the snapping action to change the weapon into the type desired.
#63kinddyPosted 10/28/2012 1:22:20 PMmessage detail
sticky means to post something to keep this board ahead ?
#64ACrossCountryPosted 11/30/2012 10:54:18 PMmessage detail
not sure who updates this but I just snapped a cursed instrument and got EARTH on my first two tries
#65coineineaghPosted 12/1/2012 10:11:06 PMmessage detail
ACrossCountry posted...
not sure who updates this but I just snapped a cursed instrument and got EARTH on my first two tries

Then you got a lucky fluke. Chances of snapping an element not on the list are so small that people wonder if it's even possible.
---
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine
#66ACrossCountryPosted 12/4/2012 9:43:16 AMmessage detail
Actually the answer is on the first page. Its earth/air for instruments. The ones listed are for the japanese version
#67coineineaghPosted 12/20/2012 8:52:56 PMmessage detail
A recent board post:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999440-tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together/64945482

made mention of utilizing the Firecrest when snapping a cursed weapon with a unit. At first I assumed this was nonsense, but it was in fact confirmed as 'old knowledge'. Old knowledge noticeably lacking from the Cursed Weapon Info, unfortunately. So this message should remedy it, although such important info should really be on the first page.

When the Crest of Fire is used, its -10 RT has as a result that the snapped weapon is 5RT faster! Not only that, but the Firecrest is in fact returned to inventory after snapping, as are all equipped items. Snapping a unit with any gear other than the Firecrest and cursed weapon is probably a bad idea, because it will be slowed down.

I also suggested that having Boon of Swiftness pre-cast before the unit's turn begins, might further reduce the RT of the cursed weapon. I haven't been able to test this myself yet, so I hope somebody can update the info about this.

A cursed weapon will snap as a roughly 40RT weapon to attack with (give or take 5 points depending on which class was used), that has 0 weight. If the Firecrest was used, that average drops to 35RT per strike.

If Boon of Swiftness also works, it might further reduce the RT by 25%. So I'm curious to find out if this works too. If so, cursed weapons might be snappable for an average of 27RT, which would be faster than most of the strong endgame weapons!
---
#68ACrossCountryPosted 12/21/2012 11:22:53 AMmessage detail
Just tested, Boon of Swiftness has NO EFFECT
#69coineineaghPosted 12/21/2012 6:59:08 PMmessage detail
ACrossCountry posted...
Just tested, Boon of Swiftness has NO EFFECT

Too bad.
Thanks for testing anyway.
---
#70coldsushiPosted 12/22/2012 11:56:26 PMmessage detail
Anyone know the WT values of all the Races/Classes in the game?

Trying to determine the optimal race/class user for each Cursed Weapon to create the fastest weapons.