The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Order of the Bloody Monks Playthrough

#1Humble_NovicePosted 4/15/2012 7:11:01 PM
Back when Col_Mobius and the other members were still around, I once told them that there was a possibility of finishing the game's main story with a battalion filled with nothing but Clerics. It might seem impossible at first, but all it takes is a bit of hard work and effort in making these units function effectively as damage dealers via grimoire usage. I've worked up a system in retaining enough war funds to resupply myself while increasing the damage output of my Clerics with certain skills. I can honestly say that no codes were used to make all this happen. I'll be sure to post small stories regarding each battle I went through now that the pieces are in place. So now, please tell me what each of you think as I whip up the first part of my playthrough of Tactics Ogre ŗ la Cleric style. The name of my affiliation will be known as the Order of the Bloody Monks. Here comes the beginning of it all.

Chapter 1

Tynemouth Hill

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j407/Tactics-Bastion/Bloody%20Monks%20Playthrough/Battle%20Screenshots/BloodyMonks-Chapter1Battle1.png

Days after the formation of our order, we were assigned to assist Sir Leonar in hunting down the Necromancer Nybeth. As we marched through Tynemouth Hill on our way to Krysaro, we stumbled upon Galgastani soldiers blocking the road to our destination. It would have been a disastrous battle for us if it werenít for the unexpected arrival of Canopus. With the aid of the Winged Xenobian, we were able to defeat the Galgastani troops with ease. Thus, the orderís first battle was a complete success.
---
"Without love, it cannot be seen." - Umineko no Naku Koro ni
#2magablaster17Posted 4/15/2012 7:20:23 PM
sounds fun, i mite want to try that. or an army of skelatons
#3Humble_Novice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 7:23:31 PM
Speaking of skeletons, here comes the next part featuring the first battle at Krysaro. Heal is your best friend here if Spiritsurge can't reach.

Krysaro

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j407/Tactics-Bastion/Bloody%20Monks%20Playthrough/Battle%20Screenshots/BloodyMonks-Chapter1Battle2.png

Hordes of undead creatures had swarmed the whole town of Krysaro by the time we entered there. The host responsible for this incident was more than happy to welcome us with blades of steel that reeked with death. Though most of us were inexperienced in dealing with phantoms, the leaderís sister and the old abuna took care of exorcising each one that fell to our power. After the battle, we met up with Sir Leonar and his allies who took shelter in one of the abandoned constructs. Now that Nybethís location is certain, we hastened to Fort Qadriga where the mad man conducted more of his fearsome research.
---
#4DragoVianLord9Posted 4/15/2012 7:43:02 PM
What path will you take? I presume neutral?
#5Humble_Novice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 7:47:08 PM
Since the Order of the Bloody Monks will be depicted as religious but bloodthirsty zealots, the story will be set on the lawful route. Also, it's actually possible to win the fight against Nybeth using this attack team without having anyone incapacitated. All it takes is some effort and a little bit of luck. ^_~*

Qadriga Fortress

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j407/Tactics-Bastion/Bloody%20Monks%20Playthrough/Battle%20Screenshots/BloodyMonks-Chapter1Battle3.png

No sooner than we arrived were we greeted by the Necromancer Nybeth himself as he stood at the top base of the fortress. Upon exchanging a few words with our leader, he summoned minions of undead and unleashed them against us. With help from the immediate training our order had received from Abuna Donnalto, none of us had any problems in freeing the dead from the necromancerís wrinkly grip. The manís cowardly nature revealed itself in no time as we closed in on him. He may have gotten away from our grasp, but I hardly think heíll want to go near any of us for a very long while.
---
#6ElyonPosted 4/15/2012 7:50:08 PM
Will there be a Dark Priest to help lead them in their dark exploits?
---
Cyril ~ I'm glad you know your place.
#7Humble_Novice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 7:54:47 PM
Elyon posted...
Will there be a Dark Priest to help lead them in their dark exploits?

Story-wise, perhaps. But since this is an all-Cleric playthrough, even Catiua will have to be one as well once she joins permanently. I hope Alma doesn't accuse me of committing sacrilege here....

Golborza Plain

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j407/Tactics-Bastion/Bloody%20Monks%20Playthrough/Battle%20Screenshots/BloodyMonks-Chapter1Battle4.png

As word of our heroic order had spread, the Duke saw it fit to give us another task of utmost importance. This time, we would parlay with the Dark Knights at Phidoch Castle in hoping to keep them neutral. Unfortunately, the rose that was their keep had been beset with Galgastani men who became a thorn to our sides. But thanks to Sir Leonar and company, the road to Rhime was now clear. We marched to the capital of the island where the feud between the Walister and Galgastani had begun.
---
#8DarkSentinel07Posted 4/15/2012 9:07:35 PM
is Denam a cleric also?
#9Humble_Novice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 9:13:09 PM
DarkSentinel07 posted...
is Denam a cleric also?

Yes. Every playable unit in my new battalion is a Cleric. Here's the next part.

The Arkhaiopolis of Rhime

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j407/Tactics-Bastion/Bloody%20Monks%20Playthrough/Battle%20Screenshots/BloodyMonks-Chapter1Battle5.png

The skirmish we had encountered today was no greater than the last, but something was amiss. A lone spearwoman was surrounded by the Galgastani troops stationed at Rhime. Although we had no reason in rescuing this woman, our leader saw potential in this damsel who might become a potential addition to our glorious flock. Sad to say, but Vyce and Leonar turned the woman away due to her ties with the infamous Liberation Front, a group whose bloodthirsty ways almost matched our own. Perhaps we might see the spearwoman again if fate permits our paths to cross once more.
---
#10ElyonPosted 4/15/2012 9:29:10 PM
And Denam didn't take the young woman as his lover? The Great Father demands it!
---
Cyril ~ I'm glad you know your place.