Why is my subdue chance 0!?

#11GuanedOnYouPosted 5/3/2012 9:55:27 PM
Elyon is actually right. In that tab, classes that can neither learn nor use it are grayed out with a red x. Classes that cannot learn it, but can use it, are highlighted, but with a red x in the upper right. Classes that can learn and use it are highlighted.
#12eixeeeePosted 5/3/2012 9:57:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13nagisa_kaworuPosted 5/4/2012 8:01:47 PM
GuanedOnYou posted...
Elyon is actually right. In that tab, classes that can neither learn nor use it are grayed out with a red x. Classes that cannot learn it, but can use it, are highlighted, but with a red x in the upper right. Classes that can learn and use it are highlighted.

Oh, sorry then. I didn't notice this. Probably my attention was focused only on the blue circles and red crosses.
#14Progamer2003Posted 5/5/2012 7:27:42 PM
I'll post here since it's a similar question.

Is there any in-battle way to increase recruitment chances? I got a dragon down to 1 HP and the best I had was 22%.
---
The sword from your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Believe in it, and it shall defeat your greatest enemies.
#15Maximus40Posted 5/5/2012 10:51:21 PM
Using monster or human-specific skills will help (Dracology for dragons, for example) the higher that skill is level the higher your chance will raise. As mentioned above it's based on their loyalty message as well. I'm pretty sure the message is their loyalty towards you, so the better the message, the better chance.
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.
#16darkflagrancePosted 5/6/2012 6:33:10 AM
Dragons are the easiest to persuade because you can also stack Draconology+1 armor and weapons to boost your chance. An easy set-up is Dragon hammer, dragon shield, wyrmscale armor, wyrmscale gauntlets. Two Dragon Fangs (craftable dagger) are also a good but costly choice.
---
[This signature has been deleted due to the request of God.]
#17Progamer2003Posted 5/6/2012 10:42:43 AM
I'm just starting chapter 4L, so I don't have any special gear that adds any of that. All I have is a regular Beast Tamer with Draconology equipped.
---
The sword from your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Believe in it, and it shall defeat your greatest enemies.
#18almostexactlyPosted 5/6/2012 11:49:20 AM
It won't improve your chances and you're just out of luck if you're going for titles, but 22% isn't a terrible percentage. You can attempt to Chariot from different positions until it works. But if you're already in the battle, yeah, you're out of luck unless you're borderline to leveling your Dragonology skill and there's another dragon around.
#19AoENIACPosted 5/6/2012 12:05:58 PM
In my experiences, higher levels in subdue does nothing to increase the recruitment chances, it merely increases the RANGE.

What you want is higher levels in teratology in order to make recruiting beasts easier.

Also, if you have any unit that can BEWITCH (the stronger form of charm) it can help marginally lower the enemy loyalty if you keep them bewitched for a while.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#20Progamer2003Posted 5/6/2012 12:59:41 PM
Am I allowed to Petrify the unit I want to recruit to make the recruiting easier?
---