The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Ok, so I was thinking about going through PotD 3 times....

#1cloud_8f8fPosted 6/25/2012 8:04:45 AM(edited)
1. During Chapter 4 of my first run to do the story battles. (LAW)

2. During CODA 1 after the credits to do get all of the good gear from random battles. (LAW)

3. During CODA 2 to complete CODA 2. (LAW)

Is this good?
---
Official Cloud Strife of the Dissidia Duodecim Board
Currently playing: Tactics Ogre:LUCT (PSP)
#2coineineaghPosted 6/25/2012 8:40:19 AM
cloud_8f8f posted...

2. During CODA 1 after the credits to do get all of the good gear from random battles. (LAW)

Is this good?

Why can't you combine 2 & 3? It's a big dungeon; twice is quite enough. Or maybe I misunderstood you: You mean 3 full runs, or warping through with Palace Guides later on?
During your first run, be sure to farm all items on floors 88, 98 & 100, as they will be overridden in the search for Warren. If you don't screw up there, then you can get everything in just 2 runs.
Unfortunately, there's a story battle on PotD 105, but great gear in the non-story map. So to get that, you'd need a third run after getting Warren. Fortunately, you can skip 75 floors. Unfortunately, there's also non-story gear in the 1st tier (Crossbow Enchiridion & Ji'ygla's items), so best to do over floors 1-25 a second time. But for the rest, use Palace Guides as much as you can.
#3cloud_8f8f(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2012 9:03:43 AM
coineineagh posted...
cloud_8f8f posted...

Is this good?

Why can't you combine 2 & 3? It's a big dungeon; twice is quite enough. Or maybe I misunderstood you: You mean 3 full runs, or warping through with Palace Guides later on?
During your first run, be sure to farm all items on floors 88, 98 & 100, as they will be overridden in the search for Warren. If you don't screw up there, then you can get everything in just 2 runs.
Unfortunately, there's a story battle on PotD 105, but great gear in the non-story map. So to get that, you'd need a third run after getting Warren. Fortunately, you can skip 75 floors. Unfortunately, there's also non-story gear in the 1st tier (Crossbow Enchiridion & Ji'ygla's items), so best to do over floors 1-25 a second time. But for the rest, use Palace Guides as much as you can.

Ok, so it should be:

1. During Chapter 4. Story battles. Floors 1-100.

2. During CODA 2. Story battles. Floors 1-115.

3.After CODA 2. Non-Story battles. Floors 1-115.
---
Official Cloud Strife of the Dissidia Duodecim Board
Currently playing: Tactics Ogre:LUCT (PSP)
#4coineineaghPosted 6/25/2012 9:08:27 AM
That sounds about right. Do PotD non-story floor 105 before embarking on world replays: You might unwittingly disable access to the Palace, which can only be undone by going through the whole thing again, no warping with Palace Guides... :'(
#5Matt_McKPosted 6/26/2012 11:30:33 PM
Okay, well I was reading a guide about this and it made it out that if I was playing on Law there was no point to going through as I couldn't unlock Nybeth as a final boss (pre-CODA). This is unless I wanted rare items. So is there really any point going Pre-CODA?

Second of all, 'warping'? Are there short cuts? And what do you mean, 'do everything'? Do I have to unlock every single room to unlock some secret goodies? Arrrrgh. Please, spare me. I have never played a more annoying, boring dungeon than this one (especially as the EXP and SP is negligible).

Ohh well, best foot forward.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who wonders when he will actually finish this game just once. :)
---
Check out www.epwuk.co.uk for the best in British backyard wrestling!
#6coineineaghPosted 6/27/2012 5:11:03 AM
After defeating Nybeth on your 1st run (I think you don't have to have completed EVERY floor, but I could be wrong), you get a Palace Guide, and can craft more. 1st edition skips floors 1-25, 2nd edition skips floors 26-50, and 3rd edition skips 51-75. The last bit cannot be skipped. Be warned that you can't redo ANY battles in the specified floors if you use a guide; it's just "skip 25 floors, yes or no".

Law (princess ending) is the best route, Because you can save Warren in CODA. For the rest, it has no bearing on your 1st run in PotD, where you battle Nybeth.
#7gemeni_anoPosted 6/27/2012 5:11:42 AM
Matt_McK posted...
Okay, well I was reading a guide about this and it made it out that if I was playing on Law there was no point to going through as I couldn't unlock Nybeth as a final boss (pre-CODA). This is unless I wanted rare items. So is there really any point going Pre-CODA?
Nybeth can only be killed on Chapter 4 of any route. He must be flagged dead at the warren report so that Blackmoor(together with the other requirements) will spawn..
Second of all, 'warping'? Are there short cuts? And what do you mean, 'do everything'? Do I have to unlock every single room to unlock some secret goodies? Arrrrgh. Please, spare me. I have never played a more annoying, boring dungeon than this one (especially as the EXP and SP is negligible).

Ohh well, best foot forward.

Palace guide lets you warp for fixed locations(1 to 25, 26 to 50,& 51 to 75) but NBybeth shouold be dead to do all of this.. so better kill him at chapter four then finish the game and go to CODA.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who wonders when he will actually finish this game just once. :)

---
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661