The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Just started... wow, the music is N64 and the looks are GBA...

#1MonarchPaulosPosted 8/8/2012 7:00:19 PM
Reminds me of both the GBA and N64 versions combined so far of what I've seen, what's the Install Data do in this game by the way?
---
PSN: PaulosBlade, AIM: PaulostheSpy
http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulosTheGamer , I am Paulos Hunter Blade, owner of www.gamelegacies.com preserving legacies!
#2KonovalevPosted 8/8/2012 7:17:19 PM
MonarchPaulos posted...
what's the Install Data do in this game by the way?

Read the manual.
#3MonarchPaulos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2012 10:02:01 PM
Manual shows to watch out like sarcastic asses like you :D
---
PSN: PaulosBlade, AIM: PaulostheSpy
http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulosTheGamer , I am Paulos Hunter Blade, owner of www.gamelegacies.com preserving legacies!
#4gemeni_anoPosted 8/9/2012 3:13:01 AM
I don't either, most games have that i think. I have seen it on both dissidia games..
---
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661
#5coineineaghPosted 8/9/2012 4:19:17 AM
MonarchPaulos posted...
Manual shows to watch out like sarcastic asses like you :D

Yes, watch out for some of those Dark Knights: They really take the Mickey sometimes.

No Idea what Install Data does. The game comes with all 4 expansions already: CODA 1-4. I guess it's for possible future content. None so far :-(
#6cloud_8f8fPosted 8/9/2012 7:21:28 AM
It's supposed to decrease load times. But,...I reaaly don't see how it's necessary in this game. It already runs extremely fast and smooth.
---
Official Cloud Strife of the Dissidia Duodecim Board
Currently playing: Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy
#7ElyonPosted 8/9/2012 9:39:01 AM
It definitely helps if you're running it from the UMD. Very, very noticeable difference.

Not sure how the music is N64 though, since it's a new version of the songs.
---
Cyril ~ I'm glad you know your place.
#8SapphireMagePosted 8/9/2012 10:24:23 AM
I think he means the music sounds familiar from OB 64 and KoL, at least I hope so.
---
"I don't like your plan. It sucks." - Yuna
"I don't like your opinion. It sucks." - GameFAQs
#9DarkLagunaPosted 8/9/2012 7:02:11 PM
Considering they ripped some of the music straight from OB and OB64, yeah, the sounds are similar. =P

The spriites could have certainly used a makeover, since they made over everything else. Some of them are pretty nice and have aged well. Others, like Denam's pre-CH4 sprite... They look horrible. They could have fixed the sprites to match the new character art too, some of them are really off (like Wizard, Berserker, Swordmaster, etc. that the sprites and old character art made them look old, but the newer ones all look fairly young (so your character doesn't advance and decline in age just by changing class, haha).

Instead, they used the old SNES sprites, and the few new sprites (for the previous male/female only classes) are made to look similar to them so they don't absurdly stand out.

All in all though, it doesn't really detract from gameplay. Would have been nice, though.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#10FolsternPosted 8/10/2012 7:54:14 PM
DarkLaguna posted...
Instead, they used the old SNES sprites, and the few new sprites (for the previous male/female only classes) are made to look similar to them so they don't absurdly stand out.

They intentionally used old sprites for the nostalgia factor. It's just another example of a game developer being unable to please everyone.