thoughts for an Auto-Leveling Guide

#1coineineaghPosted 8/28/2012 5:47:19 AM
I'm waiting for my last leveling session, and there are still a few things I missed on my thread. For one, Parry and Overpower level even more ridiculously slowly than I imagined. Plenty of new insights, so I think it's time to put order into chaos. I'm thinking of writing a guide about my auto-leveling experiences. Or perhaps a 'manual' better describes what I want to accomplish by it: Make it clear and easy to replicate for others.

The setup and process is complicated enough, that I feel my thread isn't enough to relay the information clearly. It reads more like a blow-by-blow account of my own leveling.

I think I'll need to add a disclaimer, since the ideal equipment [cursed weapons, Black Plume spell] is only accessible late game. If new players try it too early, it will be more risky.

All kind of information should be added, like cursed weapon drops, so credits will be added. Who should I credit for the loot spreadsheets anyway?

I'll include a step-by-step checklist, because preparing an auto-battle without one is quite complicated. Reloads are frustrating.

Anyway, any advice is welcome, as are links to useful info, questions, etc.
#2RethaptrixPosted 8/28/2012 7:59:40 AM
I auto level a great deal and think I may be able to contribute my experiences as well if you'd like. I've never assembled any of the info on what I do seeing as its requisites are high but still.
---
I am Rethaptrix, I came here to learn.
#3FF_4everPosted 8/28/2012 3:59:50 PM
It would be useful to have one, especially if you can explain leveling Steal and Parry/deflect.

For these, I mostly just equip my characters with constitution and parry and deflect and send them into battle at the Reisan Way. Constitution is to make sure no one dies from being to susceptible to arrows. how'd you do it?
#4coineineagh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 5:22:20 PM
I've heard rumours about leveling Meditate and Steal; skills which my method can't accomplish. I did manage to gain a rank Parry with one of my units, but it takes forever. Can you guys get the A.I. to use the skills for you? that would be very useful indeed. Especially since there are items that can only be acquired with high level Steal.

I'm willing to make it a collaboration, and it doesn't necessarily have to be auto-battle mode too. If you can train those skills rapidly enough, it's worth putting into a guide.

Remember that you do have to g into great detail about the requirements, though. You can write your own piece if you like, we can bundle it together in chapters, and submit it as a whole.
#5coineineagh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 8:13:26 PM
My guide is almost complete, so I'll be submitting it soon.

If you have any input you wish to add, you can PM me.
#6cloud_8f8fPosted 8/29/2012 8:22:54 PM
coineineagh posted...
My guide is almost complete, so I'll be submitting it soon.

If you have any input you wish to add, you can PM me.

Ah, I'm glad you're writing this. This will be very useful.

Also, the next update to my FAQ is coming in 2 days.
---
Official Cloud Strife of the Dissidia Duodecim Board
Official Tepig of the B2W2 boards
#7DoramiPosted 8/30/2012 1:24:00 AM
Meditate you can get the AI to use. It was mentioned in an earlier topic, but you can auto level Meditate and Augment Dark with Drain Heart against undead enemies.
---
"The Bible tends to be printed on special thin paper to allow it to be read without divine intervention."
#8coineineagh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 2:42:42 AM
Dorami posted...
Meditate you can get the AI to use. It was mentioned in an earlier topic, but you can auto level Meditate and Augment Dark with Drain Heart against undead enemies.

I already quoted your post and added credits to you, since I think your insights were great.
It wasn't particularly clear from the post if it worked for Meditate, but now I know.

Hey, can any guide writers help me out: What's the character margin?
I wrote the whole thing in simple Notepad text, but it seems my submission is rejected:

Upload Complete

Thank you for your contribution to GameFAQs! Your upload is complete - the full status is shown below:

TOLUCT skill leveling.txt successfully uploaded, 31000 bytes

File is over margin, 95 characters wide

Line 58: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 72: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 73: 82 characters wide
Line 74: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 75: 82 characters wide
Line 79: 82 characters wide
Line 81: 82 characters wide
Line 85: 83 characters wide
Line 86: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 87: 83 characters wide
Line 96: 82 characters wide
Line 99: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 100: 83 characters wide
Line 103: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 106: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 126: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 127: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 130: 83 characters wide
Line 131: 84 characters wide
Line 133: 82 characters wide
Line 134: 83 characters wide
Line 135: 84 characters wide
Line 136: 84 characters wide
Line 139: 84 characters wide
Line 140: 83 characters wide
Line 143: 84 characters wide
Line 146: 83 characters wide
Line 153: 82 characters wide
Line 157: 85 characters wide
Line 161: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 168: 83 characters wide
Line 170: 85 characters wide
Line 174: 83 characters wide
Line 177: 84 characters wide
Line 180: 82 characters wide
Line 214: 82 characters wide
Line 215: 82 characters wide
Line 216: 82 characters wide
Line 218: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 220: 82 characters wide
Line 223: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
Line 225: 82 characters wide
Line 226: 81 characters wide (trailing spaces)
[it goes on like this for quite a while....]

From here, you can return to Contributor Central, or contribute again for this release, this game, or another game.

I got this kind of message twice now.I'm obviously over margin, but does that mean the file will be rejected until I upload it flawlessly?
Does this mean it's uploaded, or do I need to correct it again?
Perhaps I need to contact a moderator or something...
#9Edens_ShadowPosted 8/30/2012 2:48:43 AM
From what I just read on contributing all lines have to contain 79 characters with line breaks.
---
The spider or the fly; who are you in this web?
#10coineineagh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 3:01:30 AM
Edens_Shadow posted...
From what I just read on contributing all lines have to contain 79 characters with line breaks.

I missed that bit. This time I'll get it right. Thanks!