change class for denam

#1timetoshutupPosted 9/22/2012 7:03:13 AM
After Almorica Passage should i turn Denam to a Knight or continue on being a warrior?
#2gemeni_anoPosted 9/22/2012 7:18:43 AM
Rune Fencer is much better for boon of swiftness and instill light.
---
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661
#3terran3999999Posted 9/22/2012 11:54:21 AM
Warriors are crap, change it to anything else.

It really depends on what you have planned for Lord Denam, you want to pick classes that will supplement it well. As much as I like the Divine Lord smiteyourasses build, any other interesting builds can work too.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#4BardWannabePosted 9/22/2012 1:09:52 PM
He's got a lot of options, but warriors are pretty bad. I had him as a Paladin for awhile, which worked well, giving him a lot of power and healing. Rune Fencer also pays off, since his ultimate class uses weapons and magic.
#5terran3999999Posted 9/22/2012 1:25:35 PM
I think you meant a Knight....the Pally is Hamilton's unique class.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#6beatumdownPosted 9/22/2012 1:37:55 PM
.... unless he mod his game then it can happen. LoL
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#7kurtsoftPosted 9/23/2012 3:41:04 AM(edited)
berserker. denam is honeslty the best suited for a berserker out of all the uniques, you get a semi-unique berserker but if you go LAW route first he can get angrhy at you since he is chaos lol >.> not to metion you might want to avoid semi-uniques...

berserker denam will easily get you smoothly to the end of the game, and since berserker is rather cheap to upgrade, you will have plenty of SP for a certain denam-only class you can get later :p

(im sure another unique will technically make a better berserker, but they will most likely prefer to use some other role anyway, hehe...)
---
Rigo, out
#8beatumdownPosted 9/23/2012 4:20:35 AM
I cheesed it with my "Denan". I made him an "Archer". Can't go wrong with maxing your "Bow and Crossbow" skills and I'll tell you why.

In certain story battles at the start your army is position far enough to move somebody close enough to were you can snipe the target enemy with a bow or crossbow as soon as his turn is available.

Since "Denam" has to be in every story battle, if he has enough ranks in "Bow,Crossbow, Anatomy, and whatever approppriate elemental augment for the weapon" skills he can one shot the target, thus ending the battle in a minute. Once the "World" option was available this was one of my main methods of leveling a class of two, because I can just "World" back to that same mission and snipe that same unit again. Some classes can solo well, so this is another option. Also have "Swiftfoot, Wade, and Jump on when necessary to.

Even when he becomes a "Lord" you can still take advantage of this method since the class can use those skills. Those other classes are good, but being and "Archer" will help you out better in the long run. So think ahead. ^_^
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#9kurtsoftPosted 9/23/2012 4:28:33 AM(edited)
snip

no need to make denam an archer for assassinating, when you have mr canopus the winged wonder to swoop in and get anyone. denam is restricted by walls and hills, canopus can get much more leader kills in more reliably.

denam is much more suited for a melee role to get his ranks up for his special class. i personally gave him axes as a berserker. could have gone 1Hsord but so many uniques prefer 1H that it felt too crowded to give it to denam too ;;>.>
---
Rigo, out
#10hauntbotPosted 9/23/2012 6:17:30 AM(edited)
kurtsoft posted...
snip

no need to make denam an archer for assassinating, when you have mr canopus the winged wonder to swoop in and get anyone. denam is restricted by walls and hills, canopus can get much more leader kills in more reliably.

denam is much more suited for a melee role to get his ranks up for his special class. i personally gave him axes as a berserker. could have gone 1Hsord but so many uniques prefer 1H that it felt too crowded to give it to denam too ;;>.>

axes are the single worst weapon type in the game. :(

i made denam a berserker my first playthrough. the main issue i had with it was that you have to wait so damn long for sanguine assault, and berserk isnt too handy during low level play, it mainly shines super late game when your offense is beast. by the time you get sanguine assault chances are youre about to get or maybe even already have the ninja class, which is just flat out better for single target melee assaults.

im a huge fan of (spear)rune fencer denam, at least until ninja comes along. hes surprisingly self sufficient, which caters to the aggressive way i like to play him.
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards