Do valkyries suck?

#1mmttbbPosted 10/5/2012 10:36:36 AM
Because i have two and they do way less damage.
#2DoramiPosted 10/5/2012 11:04:52 AM
They're excellent units--if you use them as divine casters for healing, swiftness, and tanking. Their damage is bad until the very end, when you've ground up stats and augment, and you've gotten the tier 2 summon spells.
---
"A waitress needs only dinner knives and coffee." - Wild Arms Alter Code: F
#3mmttbb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 11:15:47 AM
I guess i can keep the two for support since i have no other units to fit that role.
#4jascla92Posted 10/5/2012 1:25:51 PM
No, they don't suck, but they're not the monster damage dealers that archers are.

They can hold their own, being reasonably fast, and able to equip heavy armour so they can take a bit more of a hit than a pure magic user can. They can do acceptable damage with sword and spear (once the relevant skill is levelled up), and of course late game they can equip wyrmscale equipment to access the ever useful (against dragons) dragonslayer ability for extra damage against that particular unit.

It might even be worth specializing in casting with them, having early access to the projectile spells plus spellcraft 4. That will set you up nicely for when you have access to the wisplight summons.
---
A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard. Bruce Lee
#5goguesPosted 10/5/2012 1:40:47 PM
In the "endgame" (i.e. at high levels) valkyries are quite possibly the best generic class. They have tons of potential, you just need to work a lot on their skills.
#6pamboysPosted 10/5/2012 6:42:37 PM
Ahhh. but they do suck. early game that is. just for their inferior damage but makes up for it with their superior supporting capabilities. And post-game, which leaves their inferior past no trace of anything that resembles the word suck. :3
---
Yey! My dumb is all gone! :3
Oh look! Buttons! *push*, *kabooms* oopsie. - Niko
#7gemeni_anoPosted 10/6/2012 5:26:48 AM
Denam is your best bet for a Rune Fencer early-mid game with a sword or spear..
---
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661
#8hauntbotPosted 10/8/2012 12:17:30 PM
gemeni_ano posted...
Denam is your best bet for a Rune Fencer early-mid game with a sword or spear..

for an offensive oriented one. ;)

any old generic can spam boon of swiftness with conserve mp, though. :D
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#9gemeni_anoPosted 10/9/2012 12:59:59 AM
Well, TC said his Valks deal less damage than expected and that means he uses it as offensive units so that's why i suggest using Denam as RF instead..
How's the game going Haunt? XD
---
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661