Winged recruitable on tier IV of the Palace!

#1coineineaghPosted 10/7/2012 6:01:59 AM
Level 77, Heavenly General Battle, 2 Winged Beast Tamers present. I missed this on my first run, because it was my first HG fight, and I wasn't paying attention yet for a Winged. I desperately needed one for a Body Swap, so that Canopus and Iuria could both scavenge human-only skills.

I searched everywhere, but gave up. The Ogre Blade also drops in floor 115, but I didn't use the one from level 100 yet. In retrospect i could have gotten both swaps done in 1 run of the palace.

Now I'm wondering if I can retreat from the Blackmoor battle on 100, to get a blade for swapping on 77, then re-do the Blackmoor battle for an Ogre blade to swap with a Lamia (level89) for my future Matriarch's human-only skills, and still leave the palace with the blade drop on 115. I'll soon find out if it's possible.

For reference:
Lamia - 89
Winged - 77
Zombie Human - 102
Orc - 77 & 89
---
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine
#2beatumdownPosted 10/7/2012 6:39:48 AM
I don't see why not. ^_^
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#3gemeni_anoPosted 10/7/2012 6:53:55 AM
Ahurama battle at 77 has two winged beast tamers with very high loyalty rate.. Pretty hard to recruit..
Asurama battle at 89 has 4 archers(2 orcs and 2 lamias) all with the same skillset as coin described and also has a very high loyalty to their bosses..
I'll just recruit one outside since i have the sword now then i'll come back for the ogre shield which i didn't get from looting the two liches..
Random question, where can you farm shiftstone for crafting P.Guides?
---
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661
#4beatumdownPosted 10/7/2012 7:30:35 AM
I got this from the boards for "Shift Stones:

The battle at reisan way when you have to save ravness, the leader drops 3.
Ndamsa fort when you go to save cistina, again boss drops 3.
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#5gemeni_anoPosted 10/7/2012 7:55:10 AM
Thanks a lot beat! Now i have to repeat Ravness battle i guess..
---
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661
#6coineineagh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 4:42:21 PM
gemeni_ano posted...
Ahurama battle at 77 has two winged beast tamers with very high loyalty rate.. Pretty hard to recruit..
Asurama battle at 89 has 4 archers(2 orcs and 2 lamias) all with the same skillset as coin described and also has a very high loyalty to their bosses..
I'll just recruit one outside since i have the sword now then i'll come back for the ogre shield which i didn't get from looting the two liches..

If you need the shield, remember to World before going back to the Palace. In my game, I couldn't get Blackmoor a 2nd time, despite having multiple copies of all the wind weapons.

After worlding, I found that I could farm Thunderfire katana on floor 88, which should have been a story batte. Now I know why: I scavenged Mirdyn for skills. the Rodrick battle is out, then. Re-recruiting Mirdyn isnt possible without overwriting all the Anchor Points from CH4 onwards. I just hope that Blackmoor will still appear on floor 100: He should be separate from the Warren questline. If I can retreat-farm Ogre Blades repeatedly, it would help a great deal.
---
#7DoramiPosted 10/7/2012 7:33:18 PM
You cannot retreat from the Blackmoor battle.
---
"A waitress needs only dinner knives and coffee." - Wild Arms Alter Code: F
#8coineineagh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 8:05:44 PM
Dorami posted...
You cannot retreat from the Blackmoor battle.

That's too bad. I was hoping he'd be like a Heavenly General... I just hope he appears now that I worlded back..
---