Would it be okay to add some Game of Thrones elements to the story of..

#1BillbertRandomPosted 11/15/2012 9:28:16 PM
Tactics Ogre?
---
Sodium chloride, also known as salt is responsible for the anger or hate a person experiences when he/she is owned.
#2ChiroteraPosted 11/15/2012 9:42:49 PM
No. No, it will never be ok.
---
Detroit Red Wings: #9, #12, #7, #10, #1, #19, (#6), (#16), #5
#3pamboysPosted 11/16/2012 12:32:40 AM
if you mean midgets in medieval combat... then no...
---
Yey! My dumb is all gone! :3
Oh look! Buttons! *push*, *kabooms* oopsie. - Niko
#4BillbertRandom(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 3:22:06 AM
I mean the sex scenes. Well of course some of it will be censored. .
---
Sodium chloride, also known as salt is responsible for the anger or hate a person experiences when he/she is owned.
#5YnoPosted 11/16/2012 4:44:22 AM
Game of Thrones (I assume you watch the show since you call it such) is about a gritty realistic style fantasy, the show overdoes the sex though quite a bit. In the books it is more of just a fact that is there to lend realism and not a selling point.

I found out about the books on this board actually several years ago. As far as the political intrigue and backstabbing and story in a fantasy setting, this is already the closest game to Game of Thrones. The game deals with war atrocities and characters that are not all black and white.
#6SirRegulusPosted 11/16/2012 6:42:12 AM(edited)
I kinda get the impression that much of the style of the translation may have been inspired by GRR Martin's particular brand of mock Medieval English. Then again, my exposure to medieval Europe analogue fantasy is pretty much limited to A Song of Ice and Fire, so maybe not.
#7hauntbotPosted 11/16/2012 7:08:06 AM
Yno posted...
Game of Thrones (I assume you watch the show since you call it such) is about a gritty realistic style fantasy, the show overdoes the sex though quite a bit. In the books it is more of just a fact that is there to lend realism and not a selling point.

yeah the show overdoes the sex. imo martin started getting pretty gratuitous in book 4 or 5 though with all the cersei lesbian scenes and the princess(i think? one of the sandsnakes daughters iirc) in sunspear. i felt like i was spending more time reading goofy ero-fantasy than interesting political or adventuresome business.
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#8BillbertRandom(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 4:59:08 PM
The only part of Game of Thrones that I don't want in Tactics Ogre is the brother and sister sex .
---
#9jascla92Posted 11/16/2012 5:11:13 PM
Because the only brother and sister and Oelias and Dievold. She's a cleric/ninja and he's an undead monster.

Someone should send that idea to Martin.
---
A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard. Bruce Lee
#10hauntbotPosted 11/16/2012 5:12:46 PM
jascla92 posted...
Because the only brother and sister and Oelias and Dievold. She's a cleric/ninja and he's an undead monster.

Someone should send that idea to Martin.

spoilerific joke if you havent read the books-

im sure theyre going to have the gay version of that when the hound and mountain reunite.
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards