What if equippment could be destroyed?

#1beatumdownPosted 11/16/2012 9:47:14 AM
In FFT you had classes that had the ability to destroy equipment in the game. For example the Knight with their "Rend" abilities, plus the "Divine Knight & Sword Saint" jobs that have their "Crush" abilities.

What if TO had similar skills. You spent hours using "Chariot" to get that cool "Snub Fusil" then you go try it out and some enemy smuck just comes and destroys you unique weapon. You would throw your PSP across the room. I KNOW I WOULD. LoL
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#2SirRegulusPosted 11/16/2012 10:01:09 AM
If you used chariot to get it in the first place, why would you have any qualms about using chariot to prevent it from being destroyed?
#3DivineEdgePosted 11/16/2012 10:02:47 AM
Kind of hate to admit this, but my chaos blade was rent in FFT. Spent hours upon hours gearing up to Midlights deep then some shmuck destroys the best weapon ever. I didn't throw my psp out the window, but I almost put a hole in the wall.
---
---Yesterday I wished for peace. Now I just wish for yesterday.
#4beatumdown(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 10:03:11 AM
@SirRegulus Not unless you were working on "Titles". Some folks also forget to save during a battle to. The worst case scenario is that to may have to start you battle over again. That's would be enough for me. LOl
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#5hauntbotPosted 11/16/2012 12:18:46 PM
yeah, chariot would make it a lot less depressing than in fft.

i would actually really like rend skills if gear had durability and could be fixed for a cost at a smith after battles.

they could give the abilities to dragoons to make them "gearslayers" as well as beastslayers. XD
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#6jascla92Posted 11/16/2012 3:47:34 PM
Divine, just get Gafgarion to level 99 with throw, and you can pick up all the Chaos Blades you like in Chapter 2.

I take in that squid with level down so I can get samples of each of the knight swords. Dual wielding Excalibur and Chaos Blade makes Agrias much more scary than her mediocre stats would suggest.
---
A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard. Bruce Lee
#7hauntbotPosted 11/16/2012 3:59:05 PM
jascla92 posted...
Divine, just get Gafgarion to level 99 with throw, and you can pick up all the Chaos Blades you like in Chapter 2.

I take in that squid with level down so I can get samples of each of the knight swords. Dual wielding Excalibur and Chaos Blade makes Agrias much more scary than her mediocre stats would suggest.

dual wielding excalibur and a chaos blade makes anyone scary. :p

thats a good setup though, more effective than excalibur with attack up and you get that fancy double melee to boot. nice!
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#8coineineaghPosted 11/16/2012 5:20:50 PM
It's possible to destroy items from the inventory screen. They actually get sold for half price by doing so. I think it's also possible in battle. This is very useful if you decided mid-battle that you want to make a different cursed weapon. The item can't be equipped by anyone, of course.
---
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine
#9AlmasNo1FanPosted 11/17/2012 10:21:41 AM
id scream
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik