Most efficient Grimoire Abimes II (Abyss 2)

#1DivineEdgePosted 11/16/2012 1:54:55 PM
OK so - I went all the way through the PoTD - but didn't battle Nybeth as I did it in Coda. I went through a few times previous. Seeing as I killed Rodrick, I have 3x of each palace guide.

Would it be quicker to WORLD back and get it through the palace of xapan fight? (PS - might want 2 copies). What has the highest chance of getting it?

FYI - am on law path right now, but recruited xapan, so would have to world to chapter 2. That is why I'm asking. I've done literally everything (got Amibicon finally) and my final team is all ready to go. All I need is a slightly more broken spell. Also, exactly *what* units drop them?
---
---Yesterday I wished for peace. Now I just wish for yesterday.
#2beatumdownPosted 11/16/2012 2:05:49 PM
The "Xapan" method is by far the better method. Yeah just "World" back. It's much easier. Once the battle start make sure a female "Witch" is present in the battle. She is the ONLY "Witch" in the fight and that's who drops the spell.

6 copies is the most you may need to farm. Only 6 classes can use the spell. "Lord, Lich, Wicce, Dark Priest, Astromancer, and a Cyclops (yes a Beasts). "Warren" may already be provided with the spell when recruited.
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#3DivineEdge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 2:08:56 PM
I only need 2 - one for Bayin(Lich) and one for Warren. He joined with just the level 1 version.

Why would I give it to a cyclops? Why don't I just put my time into a pencil sharpener and waste it faster?
---
#4coineineaghPosted 11/16/2012 5:27:52 PM
Abyss II is the only spell I'm missing in the game, because I couldn't get it to drop from any of Nybeth's summons. I heard it's even possible to get 3 copies from them, but they are very difficult to chariot. I'd agree that Xapan in Golyat must be the better option, no matter how hard the Witch is to chariot. It's simply easier to get there in world.
---
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine
#5DivineEdge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:27:14 PM
Why? Does the witch have a low drop rate? You just really scared me with that statement...
---
#6coineineaghPosted 11/16/2012 7:18:04 PM
DivineEdge posted...
Why? Does the witch have a low drop rate? You just really scared me with that statement...

Because it's a map with poor mobility options. You can't float over lava, or land on it with flight or blinkwalk. I only have 5 Sparkguard items myself, but back then only Canopus wore the boots. Opportunities to chariot are hard to get, with lots of delays, and you might find it just as difficult as I did. I tried for hours, but I couldn't get hold of a single scroll.
---
#7DivineEdge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:37:54 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I thought the xapan battle was in golyat? Is it mount weobry then?
---
#8coineineaghPosted 11/16/2012 8:10:32 PM
DivineEdge posted...
Pardon my ignorance, but I thought the xapan battle was in golyat? Is it mount weobry then?

OK, now I know why you're worried:
"no matter how hard the Witch is to chariot" [there have been some people having a hard time with it, but I haven't gone back to Golyat myself yet] it HAS to be easier to acquire than Abyss II from the Wights in floor 100 of Palace of the Dead, the lava map with Nybeth.
Don't worry about it too much.
---
#9beatumdownPosted 11/17/2012 12:38:36 AM
@DivineEdge The batttle does not take place in "Weobry". It takes place in "Golyat" in the "Law" route. In "Chapter 4" . You must decline "Xapan's" 1st request to join your army. Here is a link.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999440-tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together/64324445
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#10ElyonPosted 11/17/2012 4:23:41 AM(edited)
It's important to note that you musn't WORLD after making the choice to decline Xapan. You must fight through Chapter 2-4 again, or else it will not be counted as the current timeline.
---
Cyril ~ I'm glad you know your place.