Great builds for Unique Characters?

#1hyro56Posted 12/1/2012 2:42:14 PM
Can you guys recommended some setups for all the unique characters? One of FAQs gives skill builds but doesn't suggest any equipment.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#2hauntbotPosted 12/1/2012 4:17:14 PM(edited)
uh... giving one for all of them would take quite a long time. let alone characters with multiple decent setups. can you start with a few that are priorities for you?
---
if youre 100% christian and proud put this in your sig
jesus gave humanity the golden rule for a reason. amen :)
#3final_aeonalexPosted 12/1/2012 4:43:25 PM
Based on the skill list in the FAQ, common sense skills like Augment X and Spellcraft, and using chokers and elemental items, it's pretty simple. Builds change based on the class and character. Vartan Canopus is very different from Buccaneer Canopus or Archer Canopus. Princess Catiua and Priest Catiua can be very different and Dark Priest is a whole separate thing. There are simply way too many characters and builds to list for one, let alone all of them. Lord Denam alone can have so many different builds.

Stick to one element (2 max) per character preferably Light or Darkness and a second element. Weapons level up quickly so there is more room there.
---
Currently playing- Yugioh Tag Force 5,Tactics Ogre, Ratchet & Clank Collection
Waiting for- FF Versus XIII, Resident Evil 6, Pokemon BW 2, other stuff
#4hyro56(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:44:01 PM
I'm mostly looking for the optimal class build for each unique character. (Vartan for Canopus, Archer for Arycelle, Princess for Catiua, Witch for Sherri, etc.) I know there's lots of variety and I just need some ideas.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#5jascla92Posted 12/1/2012 9:27:09 PM
To be honest I prefer Priest Catiua. I'd miss the surge spells.

If you're not talking cursed weapons, I'd suggest something like.

Arycelle: archer
Indra's Bow
-
Viraat's Thundercoat
Winged Boots
Storm Choker

Bow
Augment Lightning
Anatomy
Strengthen IV
Counterattack III
Spell Ward II
Swiftfoot I
Tremendous Shot
Double Shot
-

That said, archer isn't that great late game, but Arycelle is good at it. That's how I run her.
---
A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard. Bruce Lee
#6coineineaghPosted 12/1/2012 9:56:07 PM
jascla92 posted...
That said, archer isn't that great late game, but Arycelle is good at it. That's how I run her.

Archer is a one-shot powerhouse, but later on you'll have enough strength to take out opponents without damage boosting skills. Then mages become better. I've never been able to do much about Arycelle's poor INT/MIND stats, so she is stuck with physical classes. I'd favour Ninja or Rogue over Archer for her. The Ninja can use my cursed lightning bow too. And Rogue skills are amazingly useful too - I even transferred the Rogue-usable Familiar skills onto her through transforming & scavenging a generic.
---
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine
#7gemeni_anoPosted 12/2/2012 6:38:30 AM
Vartan Canopus: Fire - Air
Shams - Ysaar
Flamecoat - Feathercoat
Fire Gauntlets - Whatever
Firewyrm choker - Gale Choker
Skills
XBOWS
Anatomy
Augment Fire - Augment Air
Strengthen 4
Constitution 4
Swiftfoot 2
Spellward 2
Dodge 4
-- - El Colas winds
--
Shams synergizes w/ Finisher rank 2 while Ysaar synergises well with "El Colad Winds"
---
NP: Vagrant Story, Jeanne d arc, TO:LucT
I'm hungry like the Wolf...
#8jascla92Posted 12/3/2012 5:19:31 AM
coineineagh posted...
jascla92 posted...

Archer is a one-shot powerhouse, but later on you'll have enough strength to take out opponents without damage boosting skills. Then mages become better. I've never been able to do much about Arycelle's poor INT/MIND stats, so she is stuck with physical classes. I'd favour Ninja or Rogue over Archer for her. The Ninja can use my cursed lightning bow too. And Rogue skills are amazingly useful too - I even transferred the Rogue-usable Familiar skills onto her through transforming & scavenging a generic.

As a Rogue I could still make use of her level 8 crossbow, but given Rogue affinity for air I'd have to find a air element crossbow. Is there one?

What's involved in transferring kisses to a Rogue?
---
A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard. Bruce Lee
#9coineineaghPosted 12/3/2012 5:54:03 AM
jascla92 posted...

As a Rogue I could still make use of her level 8 crossbow, but given Rogue affinity for air I'd have to find a air element crossbow. Is there one?

What's involved in transferring kisses to a Rogue?

Ysaar, unique, one of the best.

You must learn kisses with a Familiar of any race, which amounts to 1600SP for all 4 Rogue-usable kisses. Zombify it, transform it to undead with a Book o/t Dead (PotD floor 37 drop) on floor 22 of PotD, then you must make it human in San Bronsa. Although there is a method to make a human, it's in fact easier to make your unit into a Divine Knight, which can also switch classes or scavenge onto humans.
---
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine
#10jascla92Posted 12/3/2012 12:56:43 PM
The human one is the seal of rebirth on that stage where that old woman turns four phantoms into humans?

Of course, as you point out, the divine knight can be done on level 3 with an item you find on level 1. Much easier.
---