Final Chapter 4 playthrough, Nybeth, PotD, and Coda questions ( spoilers )

#1SilentOkamiPosted 12/2/2012 7:48:09 PM
So I just finished getting Cressida in my Ch4 Chaos playthrough. Now reading what I need to do for Coda says that I need to kill Nybeth in Ch4, to be able to use the palace guides, and I need Catiua alive and the rest just in my party.

My question is this:
1. Is the only way to kill Nybeth by killing him on floor 100 PoTD in ch. 4? And does it matter if Cressida is in my party or not ( alive or dead )?

2. Do I need to redo all the optional character recruitment in ch. 4 so that they will be alive in the warren report for Coda, or will recruiting them in a previous ch. 4 playthrough be fine?

Thanks in advance
---
One penguin to find them... one Prinny to go boom, doodl!!!~
#2beatumdownPosted 12/2/2012 7:55:27 PM
Yes "Nybeth" must be defeated once and for all at the "Altar of Beyond (100 floor)" and yes "Cressida" must be present.

Now if you are going for a complete/perfect "Warren Report" documentation, then yes you must recruit all characters that can be recruited for that particular "route" and beat the game going into "CODA" for them to be documented as alive and part of your roster in the "Warren Report"

If you did not have a character prior to beating the game, but you "World" to go get that character then come back. What will happen is that you will still have the recruited character, but he will not be documented as alive or part of your army in the "Warren Report"
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#3SilentOkami(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 8:22:53 PM
Thanks for answering my questions! ^_^

Just want to clarify something in my first question, since i wanted to do my final/perfect ch 4 run in the Law route, I don't really *need* Cressida to get to Nybeth and defeat him on floor 100, PoD. Only if I go through PoD durring ch4 Chaos, right?
---
One penguin to find them... one Prinny to go boom, doodl!!!~
#4beatumdownPosted 12/2/2012 8:42:08 PM
Probably not since she can only be officially recruited on the "Chaos" route. So she would not have an entry in that route. Come to think of it, I don't think you encounter at all on the "Law" route. You do fight her in the "Neutral" route though, but she does not join you.
---
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
#5final_aeonalexPosted 12/3/2012 9:07:32 AM
Cressida isn't needed at all. She can die (Chaos/Neutral) or not be seen at all (Law). Nybeth will always show up in Chapter 4 if it's your first time in the PotD. Cressida only adds dialogue and Necromancer classmarks.

As for CODA, as long as they are in your party and you are in the Princess ending, it doesn't matter if they're dead or alive in the Warren report. Of course, Catiua must be alive. If you're scared, just don't beat the game in Neutral and have the required characters.
---
Currently playing- Yugioh Tag Force 5,Tactics Ogre, Ratchet & Clank Collection
Waiting for- FF Versus XIII, Resident Evil 6, Pokemon BW 2, other stuff