Ozma did what now?

#1SazukeEXPosted 12/3/2012 5:32:59 AM
What's up with Lodis that both brothers ended up getting it on with Ozma? Was she really that much of a prize that both wanted her?

Personally I don't see how anyone can go from being betrothed to one guy than later getting betrothed with his brother.

Now that I think about it... Many of the Dark Knights seem to have a "thing" for Ozma, even her brother.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#2final_aeonalexPosted 12/3/2012 6:13:23 AM
It's not that unheard of to be "passed on" to one's brother after a man's death. Plus, based on what is said in game/in the Warren Report, House Glacius is very high in terms of power and influence. Ozma seems more into Hobyrim in the Lawful story so I think she only got with Balxephon out of duty to her family or whatever. She also seems very reluctant to listen to any other Dark knights, especially Balxephon, in the Lawful story after she sees Hobyrim.
---
Currently playing- Yugioh Tag Force 5,Tactics Ogre, Ratchet & Clank Collection
Waiting for- FF Versus XIII, Resident Evil 6, Pokemon BW 2, other stuff
#3SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:34:34 AM
I understand that, she did love the younger brother. Still a bit strange that they care so much about power that they don't mind getting it on with their would be sister in law.

Than again, it is supposed to represent another time. Sorta like how none of the Black Knights are when Oz wants to **** Cerya in Neutral route or how they treat getting Cerya as a pet in Law route as just business as usual.
---
#4final_aeonalexPosted 12/3/2012 6:48:11 AM
I thought the Lawful Cerya scene was pretty shocking. I mean... it is pretty much implied that they were going to have their way with her.... Not the first time TO has pretty shocking stuff. Killing Darza's pregnant wife was a surprise too.

Also, just because they were betrothed doesn't mean they...."got it on" with each other. Watch the Patriot. THAT'S disturbing.

Spoilers for the Patriot
He has sex with his dead wife's sister, when they both already have children and they get married.
---
#5SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:57:55 AM
The sad thing in the remake is that they took out Cerya's scream and she isn't listed as dead so it can be implied that she literally was taken away to serve as the "entertainment" for the Dark Knights.
---
#6KiluuenPosted 12/3/2012 12:41:24 PM(edited)
I don't think there was much "getting it on" before marriage for either brother(especially Balxephon), since it is mostly political. Balxephon wants to marry her to get access to the wealth and power of Glacius. Ozma's family wants her to marry a prominent member of Loslorien, which has the ear of the high priest. In fact, I'm not sure Balxephon would be "getting it on" much after the wedding based on the personality Ozma extends to all males that are not Hobyrim.

And if you are entering a political alliance with another noble house through marriage, and one of the potential couple dies, it is very reasonable to try to save the alliance by having a living sibling replace the dead person.

SazukeEX posted...
Than again, it is supposed to represent another time. Sorta like how none of the Black Knights are when Oz wants to **** Cerya in Neutral route or how they treat getting Cerya as a pet in Law route as just business as usual.

That isn't really unusual in wars, even today. Many countries do punish it when their soldiers do something like that, but their are probably just as many that turn a blind eye.
#7hauntbotPosted 12/3/2012 1:01:20 PM
Kiluuen posted...
I don't think there was much "getting it on" before marriage for either brother(especially Balxephon), since it is mostly political. Balxephon wants to marry her to get access to the wealth and power of Glacius. Ozma's family wants her to marry a prominent member of Loslorien, which has the ear of the high priest. In fact, I'm not sure Balxephon would be "getting it on" much after the wedding based on the personality Ozma extends to all males that are not Hobyrim.

And if you are entering a political alliance with another noble house through marriage, and one of the potential couple dies, it is very reasonable to try to save the alliance by having a living sibling replace the dead person.

SazukeEX posted...

That isn't really unusual in wars, even today. Many countries do punish it when their soldiers do something like that, but their are probably just as many that turn a blind eye.

considering how ozma acts toward hobyrim i doubt very much that politics had much to do with their relationship, though im sure it was there in the background. a sworn knight who was herself very arguably on the verge of corruption risked both her own honor and that of her houses for hobyrim, and just the sight of him opened her eyes to the corruption that permeated loslorien. i cant see her doing such a thing if politics was a major factor in their relationship, though im sure both houses were pleased by their coupling and im sure thats how balxephon managed to bag her after hobyrim "died a traitor".
---
if youre 100% christian and proud put this in your sig
jesus gave humanity the golden rule for a reason. amen :)
#8final_aeonalexPosted 12/3/2012 1:10:58 PM
^This is reinforced in the scene Ozma returns to Lodis. Balxephon acts very husbandly and even shows affection and she doesn't say a word. It's kind of funny though because Hobyrim doesn't seem to return her affection back at all. He's just like "ok you're here" while she went out of her way to find him. He kind of seems reluctant to even meet with her especially since telling her that he is indeed Hobyrim is optional. I guess he's blind with rage and revenge (bad pun).
---
#9hauntbotPosted 12/3/2012 1:20:58 PM
final_aeonalex posted...
^This is reinforced in the scene Ozma returns to Lodis. Balxephon acts very husbandly and even shows affection and she doesn't say a word. It's kind of funny though because Hobyrim doesn't seem to return her affection back at all. He's just like "ok you're here" while she went out of her way to find him. He kind of seems reluctant to even meet with her especially since telling her that he is indeed Hobyrim is optional. I guess he's blind with rage and revenge (bad pun).

well on top of the blinded by revenge aspect im sure theres pride too. it would be hard seeing someone important to you when you were a shadow of your former self. probably more tangled emotions when you consider that she wed the very man responsible for his condition, regardless of whether its fairly customary or not.

the general take on the "shipping her back" scene is that she had to be physically restrained and suffered brain damage while doing so- she is in a wheelchair afterall. balxephon is of course husbandly because such an arrangement actually works out even more to his advantage.

one thing i mcurious of: i knwo you see that scene if you miss her entirely. what happens(if anything) if you get the recruitment scene but then turn her away and/or answer incorrectly?
---
if youre 100% christian and proud put this in your sig
jesus gave humanity the golden rule for a reason. amen :)
#10KiluuenPosted 12/3/2012 1:24:22 PM
hauntbot posted...

considering how ozma acts toward hobyrim i doubt very much that politics had much to do with their relationship, though im sure it was there in the background. a sworn knight who was herself very arguably on the verge of corruption risked both her own honor and that of her houses for hobyrim, and just the sight of him opened her eyes to the corruption that permeated loslorien. i cant see her doing such a thing if politics was a major factor in their relationship, though im sure both houses were pleased by their coupling and im sure thats how balxephon managed to bag her after hobyrim "died a traitor".

It is very possible for it to have started as a political marriage between Ozma and Hobyrim, and they happened to hit it off. This can be a bonus, but isn't necessary for alliances.