wow be afraid of games now.

#1frozenhotdoggPosted 7/26/2010 11:09:48 PM
Now the endings to games will be DLC. LOL What a pile of crap.
#2sambucaPosted 7/27/2010 1:50:26 AM
Actually, the endings to DLC will be DLC.

Which BTW, will be only redeemable via GameStop pre-order code, for pre-ordering the download.
---
No way, dude!!! This is NOT happening again.....
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 7/27/2010 2:48:34 AM
Meh, I only sort of mind. Sure, in a previous gen this content would have been included in the final product, but I can think of some games on the PS2 that I wanted more of. Of course, those games usually already had twice the content as this gen's games. I wanted more RE4. I wanted more GoW (well, I wanted more of 2), etc. If DLC had been around then, I would've dowloaded it, and gladly.
---
The beatings will continue until morale improves!
#4IcemaelPosted 7/27/2010 3:59:41 AM
Alan Wake is an ongoing story that ends neither with the first game nor the DLC. Your whining is comparable to someone complaining, back when Gears of War 2 was announced, that "Now the ending to Gears of War will be a full-priced game. LOL what a pile of crap."
#5jonsushiPosted 7/27/2010 4:58:04 AM
Sure, in a previous gen this content would have been included in the final product

Not necessarily. Actually most of the time that's just not true. We still get a complete game.

DLC usually falls into 1 of 2 categories. It's extra stuff. Or it serves as a continuation of the game/story.

With older systems they only way we would get that kind of stuff would be to wait for something like a sequel being released. Now we can continue a game/story without having to wait years for continuation. In other words, done right, DLC is great. Sure there are exceptions. Just like how all games are not equal.

People "complaining" about DLC makes me fear that those people will destroy fun.

By the way, you don't have to buy the DLC. It is optional.

---
Playing - RDR (360), Alan Wake, BFBC2(PS3), Mass Effect, DA: O
Reading - Earth Abides, Queen & Country Def. Ed. 3, Jonathan Strange
#6The_LuigiPosted 7/27/2010 5:38:23 AM
At least with sequels "back then" you could pay u$50 and know you'd be getting at least 7-8 hours of gameplay. With DLC 90% of the time you're paying u$10 for something you'll finish in 30 minutes, 1 hour if you really take your time.

People who gladly buy DLC make me fear that those people will eventually destroy gaming.
---
http://touchdic.ytmnd.com/
#7Lemp35Posted 7/27/2010 8:40:27 PM
Fans of Shenmue 2 would have really liked some DLC.......

Or the American version of Shining Force 3....

Or all the stuff they left out of Xenogears.....

I'm still upset we never got proper DLC for Team Fortress 2 on the 360.

I admit that a lot of stuff in DLC isn't really worth it and gets developers just quick cash, some if it is really worth while. Fallout 3 and Borderlands come to mind of DLC that I've downloaded and have no regrets. (not that I downloaded every DLC for them, but the ones I did)
#8Am4zingL4rryPosted 7/27/2010 11:12:27 PM
Cry moar.

Yeah there's some really obnoxious horse armor out there, hell even Mass Effect 1 had a truly abysmal dlc but there's no way I'd wanna give up stuff like Borderland's, GTA4's, Fallout 3's or RE5's dlcs just because some of you are so inclined to focus on only the worst examples of dlc and moan about it endlessly. Fine look at it as a scam if you want to, but alot of us are damned well satisfied with much of what we've been getting and it's a great way to get more mileage out of games I love but had previously fully experienced already. You know you don't have to buy it.
---
I can't think of a good sig
#9frozenhotdogg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2010 3:22:24 PM
I don't buy anything so i really don't care, but i think it's a bad trend for game designers .
#10ZakedestinyPosted 7/28/2010 9:09:00 PM
This really isn't the ending to the game, it's more like an extension. The ending of the main game did it's job and resolved the story, and now the dlc is continuing it onward from there. Complaining about there being more content is like being pissed that Empire Strikes Back ever came out because, hey, the ending of Star Wars was pretty sweet, what with everybody getting medals and the Death Star being destroyed. Who needs more than that?
---
"He's immune to bullets... and LOVE!" - Psychonauts