I just finished it 5 minutes ago. (spoilers)

#11shawnmckPosted 7/29/2010 7:42:51 AM
It's okay if you like mind-F@%$ like this in your plots, but I sure as heck don't.
#12shawnmckPosted 7/29/2010 8:44:30 AM
I also wanted to clarity that I don't view any of this as a flaw in any way.
The game is great in just about every aspect.
Even the story is well done, it's just that it is one of those mind-screw type of plots, which I personally don't care for, and I know that I am not alone in this.
It just really annoys me when some plots have you going through the motions & performing a lot of tasks, but ultimately to find out that it was all an illusion or just a mind-trip.
That kind of stuff is insulting to me & really pisses me off.
But that doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge that AW is still a very good game.
I just don't agree with the plot, that's all.
#13_Doomsayer_Posted 7/30/2010 11:43:38 AM
I loved The Signal. It did exactly what I had hoped it would- answer a few questions, but leave the player with many more. That works absolutely perfect with the main game.
#14SixStringHeroPosted 7/31/2010 8:32:53 AM
I loved it too. I was actually surprised they added in more mechanics that weren't really a part of the main game.

I'm still up in the air as to what's going on. I lean less towards it all being in his head, but any theory is possible.

The figment Barry and banter was hilarious.
---
Don't Taze Me Bro!
#1505BlackV605Posted 8/4/2010 5:19:03 AM
Overall I thought the Signal was a good buffer representation that Wake was going insane trapped in the dark place. I'm hoping the next DLC builds on that and gives us more of the actual story verses just showing us that Alan is progressively getting more insane.