Is there a set difficulty or can you change it?

#1GreatplainsmonkPosted 7/29/2010 12:14:34 PM
Just wondering. I just can't get past the church basement and the last save I have for the regular game is on nightmare, so I'm wondering if I'm playing the DLC on that difficulty or if you can or cannot change it.
#2ChobinatorIIPosted 7/29/2010 5:32:56 PM
I believe my last playthrough was on Nightmare as well and I felt like the DLC played as if it were on normal mode. In the basement, I found it not too hard if I ran around that first corner and took a sharp right to trigger the first wave of guys. Then I backed up towards the entrance stairs, lighting up the blast furnaces as I went (those things killed EVERYTHING!). Then I walked out and towards the left to trigger a second set of guys. I still had a ton of furnaces left and repeated that. I think that was it. I only had to fire a few shots total.

Hope you can get through it!
---
Gamertag: Chobinator II
#3BarrenPosted 7/29/2010 5:50:31 PM
My last save was on Nightmare as well, but when I started up the DLC from the episodes menu, it prompted me to choose a difficulty setting again.
#4dratsablivePosted 7/31/2010 3:26:58 PM
Finished my first playthrough on main game, on Hard. When I started the DLC, I wasn't prompted for a difficulty level. So I assumed it started on Hard.
---
Wii Number 7925 2713 7084 6965 Add Me :)
Xbox Live dratsablive
#5pc-ps360Posted 8/1/2010 3:33:10 PM

guys nooooooooo u dont get prompted at least i did not. i finish alan wake on nightmare and when i downloaded the dlc, to play it go to chapter select and choose ur difficulty normal hard or nightmare and u will find an extra chapter called signal in each difficulty

#6zpoopePosted 8/3/2010 6:36:39 AM
It defaults to normal unless you go through episode select.
---
It's not the poop. It's the mystery... behind the poop.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/zpoop/z.gif
#7ByshopPosted 8/9/2010 3:00:44 PM

Mine did not prompt but it definately felt like Normal. Faster, weaker enemies took one shot instead of two like they did on my Hard playthrough.

-Byshop