I ended up paying for this DLC...at least it was reasonably priced.

#1Dr_KanobiPosted 7/30/2010 11:37:07 PM
Like others on this board, I bought the game new (Regular Edition) and inputted the code yet the game was forcing me to pay for the content. I tried a few things that people suggested on this board to get it to work, but it wouldn't. I really wanted to play the game, so I ended up spending $5 to play it right away.

The game was fun for the hour it lasted. It was nice seeing Alan, Barry, and the others again. It also really creeped me out, especially those TVs. I'll be downloading Episode 2 the day it comes out.

I really appreciate that Remedy only charged us approximately $7 for this episode. The only other game where I downloaded levels was in Tomb Raider: Underworld. Each level costed $10 dollars...and it was a jip. One was only about an hour long, the other I haven't finished yet, but I don't' expect it to be much longer.

It's great that downloadable content can get us new levels and characters that before would have warrented a re-lease, but I'm afraid that developers will take advantage of that and start charging us 1000 points a level or so.

Please...cheap the prices at this Remedy.
---
If you need me, just call the Whambulance.
#2gamefreak666Posted 7/31/2010 1:38:28 AM
you don't need to worry dude, the next one is still 560 points, and the folks at remedy said that they're gonna try to keep the price the same, maybe jacking it up for a pack of episodes after 'the writer' is released. also, microsoft only makes companies charge for DLC if it has achievements, or if it such a large content update, even with no achievements.

Just look at Left 4 dead and Left 4 dead 2, content on Xbox: 560 microsoft points, content on steam: completely free.
---
Put 101 monkeys in a room with a typewriter, you get "Grabbin Peelz". and "The Cake is P/Lie"
#3killakPosted 7/31/2010 7:02:33 AM
It's not forcing you to buy the content. Inputting the code gave you the sneak peak video with the message that a code will be sent to your email.

If you paid for it, then you chose to pay for it. Nowhere in the video did it say that the download would be instantly free upon it's arrival to the store.

FYI, however, i'm also waiting patiently for my code, so I know what you were going through.

---
................................................ Meh ......................................................
LIMBO=WOW!!
#4BarrenPosted 7/31/2010 2:26:03 PM
I inputted my code (Collector's edition or pre-order bonus, can't remember where it was from) back in may, saw the video interview, and got my download voucher for The Signal yesterday morning. So I was able to get it free even without holding on to it until the DLC's release. Wonder why some people aren't getting the email.
#5V exe1Posted 8/2/2010 6:35:51 AM
Probably their way of saying "**** you Europe"?
---
This is my new wife. It's Schrodingers Wife. As long as the box isnt opened, I can continue having multiple possibilities for my ideal wife!