Bison is terrible.

#1Dead_SteevPosted 3/9/2012 2:45:21 PM
Low tier. No ground bounce, no wall bounce, cr.forward doesn't link into his H.scissor kick, scissor kick is -2 on block, no real good ways to continue a combo off of switch in... he's total rubbish now.

:(

I miss my Bison.
---
Go Dolphins! 2-0 Next vs NYJ
XBL GT: Dead Steev
#2alphamale316Posted 3/9/2012 4:02:50 PM
For you, this character being so bad in this game was the most defining day in your gaming life.....for Bison, it was Tuesday.
---
"So the Barbario Blade.".."Barbario..? It's Barbaroi.." I'll call it the Doctor Blade if I want." "So the Doctor Blade...."
#3SteadySharkPosted 3/9/2012 4:09:57 PM
Oh noes, you are no long completely safe on block after a scissor kick - whatever will you do now...
---
GT/PSN = SteadiestShark - 3DS: 3866-8210-5918
SFxT Mains - Julia, Hwoarang, Ryu and Guile.
#4TBSMookfisherPosted 3/9/2012 4:17:31 PM
Oh noes, you are no long completely safe on block after a scissor kick - whatever will you do now...

It's not just that. If you think this doesn't affect bison in a huge way you haven't played Bison very much. No more scissor kick pressure from him. What is his game plan now? Just poke all day? What about the characters who have just as good of pokes as him and can wall bounce and juggle for 400 damage with 1 bar? Yeah... good luck playing Bison in this game.
---
SSFIV: Balrog/Yun/Rose
SFxT: Lili and Ken/Poison
#5degen2011Posted 3/9/2012 7:18:21 PM
i've been trying to use Bison+Rufus and I'm losing most matches. i just can't get enough damage out of them.

then to add insult to injury i lose all my health to people just mashing DP and sweeping (even though im crouch blocking)

i think i might just give up and use a shoto+guile
---
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination - Leviticus 18:22
#6SniperNightOwlPosted 3/9/2012 8:17:05 PM
rofl, thats not all Bison's problems. They nerfed his hitboxes on his crossup and he always had anti air problems. Stand hk was nerfed even more to the point characters go through it sometimes.
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SniperNightOwl
#7dafreestylekingPosted 3/9/2012 8:19:56 PM
yesh...yesh!
---
me: "ARGHH...I hate Seth players!"
Mom: "Stop screaming, the neighbors are knocking on the wall!"
#8echos_rushPosted 3/9/2012 8:22:19 PM
That sucks, time to pick a different character. We can't all stick to our favorite Street Fighters, can we?
#9Dead_Steev(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2012 10:10:35 PM
SteadyShark posted...

LOL no it's safe against everything but DPs, you must not know much about Bison... his scissor kick is the basis of his entire game plan. It's his most important tool. Being neutral on block is what made Bison dangerous... now all he has are some great poking tools and that is it.
---
Go Dolphins! 2-0 Next vs NYJ
XBL GT: Dead Steev
#10SteadySharkPosted 3/11/2012 5:50:24 AM

LOL no it's safe against everything but DPs, you must not know much about Bison... his scissor kick is the basis of his entire game plan. It's his most important tool. Being neutral on block is what made Bison dangerous... now all he has are some great poking tools and that is it.

I was actually taking a dig at the brainless strategy that made Bison who he was.

I generally hate "free" or "safe" pressure games. Just seems to sap skill out of the game. I bet you, any character with safe pressure games will be amongst the top tier in this game - or at the very least be at the top of the "ease of use vs reward" tiers.

Also, I know more than enough about Bison in SF4. (I did play that game a fair amount after all)

I didn't know that "only" SRKs can punish scissors in this game though. Although, since some characters have 3-frame jabs, I'm sure SRKs aren't the only things that punish them after all...although they'd require a lot of timing skill to land the jabs in a 1-frame scenario. (If it is a 1-frame punish anyway, I don't know, haven't seen the frame-data)
---
GT/PSN = SteadiestShark - 3DS: 3866-8210-5918
SFxT Mains - Julia, Hwoarang, Ryu and Guile.