The hype is gone?????

#1deavontePosted 4/9/2012 7:26:38 AM
I don't have the game yet but I'm hearing people the hype is almost completely gone from SFxT even tournament matches seems average at best. Even maxamillion (forgive me if I spelled it wrong) saying the game is on it's deathbed when it comes to the thrill.

Is it true? Is the hype dying from this game?
#2KillerKhan420Posted 4/9/2012 9:09:20 AM
The hype for this was very underwhelming even when it was announced, no surprise.

A huge error in judgement by capcoms part, this game could of been HUGE but I think it had all to do with timing. This gen got alot of fighting games very quickly, and ALOT of people felt burned by the whole marvel/capcom3 crap...and im sure some still showed interest in this but once the whole dlc thing came to light the interest went away.
---
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1
#3deavonte(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 9:16:19 AM
KillerKhan420 posted...
The hype for this was very underwhelming even when it was announced, no surprise.

A huge error in judgement by capcoms part, this game could of been HUGE but I think it had all to do with timing. This gen got alot of fighting games very quickly, and ALOT of people felt burned by the whole marvel/capcom3 crap...and im sure some still showed interest in this but once the whole dlc thing came to light the interest went away.

Damn!!! That's all I got to say.
#4SubacetylenePosted 4/9/2012 12:14:59 PM
Its all about Darkstalkers, I'm getting sick of all the cross over games. I'm hoping Darkstalkers will be the next best fighter.
#5aaronmagPosted 4/9/2012 4:55:47 PM
deavonte posted...
I don't have the game yet but I'm hearing people the hype is almost completely gone from SFxT even tournament matches seems average at best. Even maxamillion (forgive me if I spelled it wrong) saying the game is on it's deathbed when it comes to the thrill.

I have had zero problems finding matches online. Consider getting it, playing it, and seeing for yourself about the game.
#6tehdudPosted 4/9/2012 5:01:09 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/62492527

not isolated events
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/wBhCV.gif
#7deavonte(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 5:32:04 PM
aaronmag posted...
deavonte posted...

I have had zero problems finding matches online. Consider getting it, playing it, and seeing for yourself about the game.

Thanks. When I saw the game it look like mvc3: street fighter edition and at tournaments pepolp seemed completely bored
#8mtron32Posted 4/9/2012 7:12:53 PM

The funny thing is that SFxTK has ruined me in SF4, it's been two months since I played SF4 and I dont know what I'm doing anymore.  I played with my friend over the weekend for a bit and kept doing unsafe things, like I've gotten waaaaaay too comfortible spamming SHC in this game.  Anyway, I'm glad that Capcom has made a game that seems like it's going to be my last.  Bring on that next drought

#9KCJ5062Posted 4/9/2012 7:23:21 PM
I think it's a mix of the DLC fiasco and that people aren't too satisfied with the roster. Particularly the SF cast. All but four of them were pretty much just transferred over from SSF4. People would have preferred to have more characters from SFA and SF3 that haven't been in a 3D SF game.
#10bvzxa2Posted 4/9/2012 11:42:13 PM
This was an Ok game, but regardless of what people say this was really a street fighter game with Tekken charcters. They didn't really add too many tekken elements other than the characters and that's it. Everything else is street fighter.

Cacpom Vs series gave you not only the characters but some other mechanics of SNK thrown in, so it felt like a partnership even though Capcom made the game.

I really didn't see the hype, it's just a game. Not revolutionary nor great, it's just a game.
---
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/