something you might wanna read BEFORE you buy the game.

#1tehdudPosted 4/20/2012 1:03:24 AM(edited)
This is copy pasta from a deleted thread over at Capcom Europe, by the way:

Taken from an employee of Capcom UK. No one wants to go public because Capcom are really furious about SF X T in general and they don't want to piss off Sony either (Even though they are really mad).

- Capcom sees progress on the game is not good around the 70% milestone. Too far to can the game and they need it finished to return the investment. Tells Ono to scale it back so it can be finished without incident or Delay to hit their Financial year

gives some explanation to why this game is so unfinished
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/wBhCV.gif
#2Vulcan422Posted 4/20/2012 4:14:36 AM
...Sweet Jesus.

What have I been supporting these past few years?
---
AE2012: Dictator, Akuma, Ryu/Evil Ryu | SC5: Cervantes, Nightmare, Raphael
I told you, I was the only worthy one.
#3abyssPosted 4/20/2012 5:51:43 PM
Game companies that don't have infinite time and/or money to make games?

This is idiotic. 99% of games have similar problems, it's just a matter of how much gets left out to meet deadlines.
#4Vulcan422Posted 4/20/2012 10:27:07 PM
I see. In that case, I retract my previous statement. What's done is done, etc.
---
AE2012: Dictator, Akuma, Ryu/Evil Ryu | SC5: Cervantes, Nightmare, Raphael
I told you, I was the only worthy one.
#5aaronmagPosted 4/21/2012 8:06:13 AM
People are making mountains out of molehills. I just played for over an hour online and had a pretty good time. It is a pretty fun game. People say it is on sale for $40 now?
#6AnimeAddict2003Posted 4/24/2012 4:21:47 AM
One day I'd like to buy a game where the developers feel it is 100% finished. No dlc, no patches needed. But in tis day and age with finances and dealines ect that's not going to happen.

Tbh I miss the days of ps1 / ps2 games, where a game HAD to be finished, where they couldn't patch a lazy mistake. And couldn't sell you HALF A GAME!! And charge you for the other half as dlc
---
"You know this 100 hour game we just got 2 hours into? IT SUCKS"
<3 this generations kids." my 360 GT: Atias85
#7sdrawloPosted 4/24/2012 10:06:38 AM
yeah but in those ps1 and ps2 games, everyone would complain and complain when games didn't meet their deadlines or release dates... "lazy developers, blah, blah...". People are going to complain one way or the other- it's the nature of videogame message boards, man.
#8JonThePenguinPosted 4/24/2012 11:54:13 AM

Tbh I miss the days of ps1 / ps2 games, where a game HAD to be finished, where they couldn't patch a lazy mistake.

Personally I would love to be able to play SoulCal 3 without worrying about whether it would end in a corrupted memory card.
---
JonthePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion
#9abyssPosted 4/24/2012 5:33:23 PM
One day I'd like to buy a game where the developers feel it is 100% finished. No dlc, no patches needed. But in tis day and age with finances and dealines ect that's not going to happen.

Tbh I miss the days of ps1 / ps2 games, where a game HAD to be finished, where they couldn't patch a lazy mistake. And couldn't sell you HALF A GAME!! And charge you for the other half as dlc

Please go buy a little game called 'Xenogears'. Enjoy your 'fully complete' game on the second disc.