How to deal with well played juris?

#1jolteonsockPosted 4/30/2012 10:29:56 AM
Anyone have any strategies against her? I use ryu and jin and I'm having a hard time getting in on her. most experienced players just wait for me to move in and whether i dash or jump in I'm screwed. If i try to use projectile's im screwed because of the dive kick so I'm not sure where to start. any advice?
---
XBL GT: F-apasaurus Rexx (No dash. Gamefaqs just won't let me write the whole thing)
#2Xiahou MaoPosted 4/30/2012 11:00:36 AM
Try approaching her on the ground without dashing, at the range where your dash would be punished at least. Or alternately, jump at her when you're out of range of her anti-air to close ground. From the right range, a fake fireball cancelled into a backdash might bait her into a whiffed dive kick, which might put her in a more advantageous spot for you.

Once you've started to sniff out her patterns, jump at her when you think she'll start charging a fireball.
---
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
#3SpabobinPosted 4/30/2012 3:07:34 PM
You can't do anything, Juri is our master and nothing can overcome her.
---
Official SNES Phantom 2040 Board Overlord.
Assdammit you theening bud. You'll pasy for this.
#4jonoisgoodPosted 5/1/2012 12:00:34 PM
wait for the patch that's coming which makes her pinwheel way worse on block
---
GT - hiltzy85
KOFXIII: Andy, Mai, Iori, Robert, King | Tekken 6: Steve, Bruce, Kazuya | SFxT: Kazuya, Jin, Ryu, Steve
#5GSTFFPosted 5/1/2012 12:46:46 PM
summon bahamut
#6Zelda_AranPosted 5/1/2012 2:08:59 PM
Pick Spiderman. He's the only character that can get through her webs.
---
"Oh, was that a bit too much?"-Raine Sage, ToS
"Two men enter, one man leaves"-Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
#7SpabobinPosted 5/2/2012 7:09:06 PM
jonoisgood posted...

As though that nerf was necessary; I already get punished all the time on blocked MK pinwheels (usually because lag makes me miss an easy link into cr.MK)
---
#8cazashawPosted 5/3/2012 3:57:25 AM
Disconnect and run!
---
Not Changing Sig Until Tiger Woods Wins 18 Majors...
GT: Cazmatrolium
#9AhrimanTheStillPosted 5/3/2012 5:49:24 AM
jonoisgood posted...

I dont think its for the pinwheel its for her air juggle thing. Because it pushes you so far away its impossible to punish alot of the time on block.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#10SpabobinPosted 5/3/2012 11:53:32 PM
AhrimanTheStill posted...
jonoisgood posted...

I dont think its for the pinwheel its for her air juggle thing. Because it pushes you so far away its impossible to punish alot of the time on block.

It is for the pinwheel as well, and also a well-aimed divekick shouldn't be punishable anyway (unless for some reason people are doing the 2nd and 3rd hits, which they shouldn't be doing even if it connects) so I don't know why they needed to nerf that as well.
---