Cammy Trial 19...

#1VaporFoxPosted 5/4/2012 7:15:37 PM
...Is about to make me get gray hairs. -_-

EX Cannon Strike
Standing HP
Crouching HP
Spin Drive Smasher

I have the "quick" EX Cannon Strike from a jump down to an art form. I can make the two HPs which follow it connect every time. However, no matter HOW quickly I try to execute the Spin Drive Smasher at the end, Kazuya ALWAYS blocks it. It doesn't appear the SDS is directly "linkable" into the crouching HP at the end, and like I said, he ALWAYS blocks it no matter how quickly I seem to get it to come out.

Is there a trick/secret to this one I'm not grasping? It's the only trial of hers I even had any trouble with. u_u
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#2VaporFox(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 7:19:52 PM
Haha, go'dammit I literally completed it a few seconds after posting this. >_<

I guess the "trick" is to make sure you time the two HPs perfectly without pressing the buttons more than once for each hit, because for some reason if you just tap HP repeatedly the SDS can't come out quickly enough. Woo, now I only need Zangief Trial 19, a couple of Marduk's higher up ones, and the 3 other characters I literally haven't touched (Lili, Asuka, and Jin), and I'm all done. XD
---
#3ashtray420Posted 5/5/2012 8:04:14 AM
Congradulations, these trials IMO are by far the hardest on ANY fighting game. I wonder how many games, controllers, even tvs have gotten broken over these from rage fits. In the long run I've found out that alcohol and this game don't mix to well.

I've gotten to 85% with almost everyone, and beat Chun Li, Hugo, and Guile's but that's it, yet I havn't had this game too long, I'm more worried about getting the online achievements while you still can cause the online portion is literally dying off.

Yet, I have to admit that Balrog is almost to the impossible level IMO, any help for doing his trials, especially the last 5. I thought Chun Li's was bad having to keep holding down 2 sec. then up, but his is way way harder.
#4VaporFox(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 10:59:32 AM(edited)
ashtray420 posted...
Congradulations, these trials IMO are by far the hardest on ANY fighting game. I wonder how many games, controllers, even tvs have gotten broken over these from rage fits. In the long run I've found out that alcohol and this game don't mix to well.

I've gotten to 85% with almost everyone, and beat Chun Li, Hugo, and Guile's but that's it, yet I havn't had this game too long, I'm more worried about getting the online achievements while you still can cause the online portion is literally dying off.

Yet, I have to admit that Balrog is almost to the impossible level IMO, any help for doing his trials, especially the last 5. I thought Chun Li's was bad having to keep holding down 2 sec. then up, but his is way way harder.

Honestly, I think the trials in SFxT are considerably easier compared to SF4/SSF4. The time frame requirements for a lot of the combo button inputs are way more forgiving, and a lot of the combos in general are easier. Hell, some of the characters you'll basically just be executing their basic MOVES up until trial 10 or so before you even start having to do any real combos. Heh.

I think the main thing that gives people problems with the trials in THIS game is they don't grasp some of the "unspoken rules" of the combat system. For example, for combos that might have you doing LP, MP, HP, Special Move? The game doesn't TELL you that you can't link special moves into those LP, MP, HP auto-combos unless it's the EX version of the special move. Which means that instead of pressing LP, MP, HP in a row quickly for the auto-combo, you actually have to TIME the button presses so that the attacks don't register as the auto-combo, but still do it fast enough to make the strikes connect, which can be tricky in some cases.

Furthermore, almost every character has at least one or two trials which do have a unique "trick" to them. For example, the ones for Cammy that involve her EX Cannon Strike (Quarter Circle Back+K during a jump), you can actually perform the move INSTANTLY by quickly rolling the joystick from Downforward to Upback then pressing your two kick buttons before you technically even SEE yourself leaving the ground. You can do the move insanely quickly that way.

Other characters, it's often just a matter of figuring out whether the trial has to be done with the opponent in the corner, center of the screen, et cetera, or the proper spacing you have to be at for some of the strikes to connect (since a lot of characters have 2 different attacks for 1 attack button depending on how close you are to the enemy).

When all else fails, watching guys like Vesper do their trial runs for all the characters on Youtube can help immensely if you get stuck. A lot of the time when I got stuck on a trial I watched a video and noticed I was either standing in the wrong place, or performing button inputs TOO QUICKLY and making the auto-combo activate when I shouldn't have been, etc.

Once the lightbulb flashes overhead and you figure out EXACTLY what you need to do for a trial that originally had you stumped is a great feeling. And like I said, I think overall the trials in this are easier. In the recent Street Fighter games I'd be lucky if I could get past trial 16 of 24 for most of the characters, and I think there was only like...3 characters I totally finished in SF. XD
---
More topics from this board...
Worth $10?Hypochondriathe37/10 4:09PM