So, WHEN are the DLC characters...

#1VaporFoxPosted 5/6/2012 9:32:02 AM
...finally being released?

Yeah, I know the characters are already "finished" and on the disc and blah blah blah, but I've never heard a projected release date for them. The game's been out like 2-3 months now, so I'd hope they're not planning on waiting much longer. x_x
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#2MaverikGuyverPosted 5/6/2012 9:42:46 AM
Bad new then I'm afraid.

Ono said that they will be released shortly after the vita launch of the game and that's meant to be fall.
---
GT = Maverick Guyver:- Who needs a main? With random select I can use everyone's moves! :D
#3Alucard_PrimePosted 5/6/2012 9:43:10 AM

The Vita version is coming out in October, so I would assume sometime after that. They cannot release them before that, they probably have an agreement with Sony not to do so. 

#4VaporFox(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 10:37:51 AM
MaverikGuyver posted...
Bad new then I'm afraid.

Ono said that they will be released shortly after the vita launch of the game and that's meant to be fall.

Wow, just when I think Capcom couldn't make any bigger of a bonehead move, they prove me wrong. -_-

Ell oh ell, Fall? Are you kidding me? Does Capcom REALLY think the community for this game is going to stick around that long without something to inject some life into it that's bigger than stupid colors for fighters?

Don't get me wrong, in spite of all this game's flaws, oversights, and shortcomings, I'm still having a blast with it, but I honestly can't see myself playing it regularly until October or later without a good reason to keep me coming back, and broken gem and color packs aint gonna cut it. =/
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#5TrappedInLimboPosted 5/6/2012 4:35:57 PM

I don't understand people when they say "I don't know if I game play this game without the DLC characters for that long blah blah blah.." You bought the game for what it is, don't complain about Capcom releasing DLC in the fall because you bought the game just to play said characters. Also I bet Capcom was thinking, "Hmm, maybe we should release the DLC characters about 6 months in so when the game starts to slow down this will speed it up and the PS Vita has a bundle with the DLC characters so it would be really stupid to release the characters 5 months before."

#6degen2011Posted 5/6/2012 5:11:35 PM
capcom is the worst company in gaming right now

they make activision look like samaritans
#7NoizyChildPosted 5/6/2012 5:13:06 PM

From: TrappedInLimbo | Posted: 5/6/2012 7:35:57 PM | #005
I don't understand people when they say "I don't know if I game play this game without the DLC characters for that long blah blah blah.." You bought the game for what it is, don't complain about Capcom releasing DLC in the fall because you bought the game just to play said characters. Also I bet Capcom was thinking, "Hmm, maybe we should release the DLC characters about 6 months in so when the game starts to slow down this will speed it up and the PS Vita has a bundle with the DLC characters so it would be really stupid to release the characters 5 months before."

You're speaking logic and common sense on GameFAQs.

I suggest you start running.
---
In America businesses don't need profits to survive. - llaW_Enots
#8KillerKhan420Posted 5/6/2012 5:52:27 PM
Gamers are an impatient bunch, so I doubt releasing them now would inject any interest. The lack of real discussion of the actual game is very telling.

And it being revealed months ago that the actual dlc was on disc doesn't help either.
---
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1
#9bvzxa2Posted 5/6/2012 11:43:02 PM(edited)
NoizyChild posted...
From: TrappedInLimbo | Posted: 5/6/2012 7:35:57 PM | #005
You're speaking logic and common sense on GameFAQs.

I suggest you start running.

We should just bow down to them because they did the right thing and that is best for Capcom. The consumers should never complain because Capcom is the almighty knowing what- is-best-for-you company.

Capcom says the characters weren't ready yet because they needed to save space because they don't have any space and I have to wait for another console's release to get the DLC charterers that are already on the disc. Capcom is the all-knowing and I am just a consumer. My complaining is not logic but whining and crying. I should be so lucky that Capcom has their best interest at heart and if I bought the game with the said information there but not accessible I should sit back and wait because the game will be reborn in five months and Capcom wins on my money.

The hackers are playing with the DLC characters and such...Capcom says "don't you worry we'll get those dirty hackers banned you'll see!" "Don't worry about playing against those DLC characters for they are still incomplete. We are Capcom and we can say anything and you should take our words for it, we're Capcom and we're right!!" Hail Capcom. I am doing the right thing by waiting for all knowing Capcom to do their job because I am lucky and fortunate to actually give them money and more money. Complaining is bad. Capcom Good. Hail Capcom

Yup...if this is great logic, we are in for a world of toruble.
---
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
#10Alakazham1337Posted 5/6/2012 11:57:35 PM
TrappedInLimbo posted...
"Hmm, maybe we should release the DLC characters about 6 months in so when the game starts to slow down this will speed it up and the PS Vita has a bundle with the DLC characters so it would be really stupid to release the characters 5 months before."

WRONG!

more like:: """""if we make a deal with Sony we can increase profits for the release of the Vita version, without actually adding ANY NEW CONTENT, but we still want the hype for the release on the Vita version, so lets just short change this game and take out a bunch of costumes and Gems, and rip out 30% of the character roster.. OH CRAP! we totally screwed up and put the characters on the disc! HURRY! HURRY! DELETE THEIR YOUTUBE PAGES!! Ok never mind... word is out.. we can't do anything about it now until Vita version is released or else we violate the contract we made with Sony, so I guess you'll just have to wait now then.. sorry..."""""

so no, they didn't delay it until October for "hype" they did it for "money". get it right.
---
People keep making fun of my "Wal-mart" connection.
I spent all my money on women, cars, and diamond rings, that's why! LMFAO!