Ryu vs Jin. Who really is stronger?

#1Capitan_KidPosted 8/4/2011 4:45:22 PM
Canonbwise whod beat who. Cant really say since i dont know much about Jin. What say you?
#2dhsolidPosted 8/4/2011 5:00:29 PM(edited)
Feat-wise, I think Jin has more to show. Although, I would love to see Ryu win this match up.

In terms of hype, Ryu will probably win. I hate to do what you call "MMA-math" but IIRC, Alex defeated Gill but could not beat Ryu when he encountered him. Gill is no push over either. He is on the same general level as Bison, Oro, Akuma, and the like.

With Ryu now training with Oro, you can expect him to be even stronger. Another obvious trend or hype that we might see is that Ryu will probably be the only one to be able to defeat Akuma and no one else. So...

Then when it comes down to it if they have to transform and what not, well, I think that argument was mostly covered when Dragnuov and I argued for like days.
---
Victor Ortega for SF X Tekken
#3koyerricoPosted 8/4/2011 6:29:23 PM
I would definitely say Ryu, but a lot of the people who know about Tekken will say that Jin is simply because Jin beat heihachi and Kazuya in one night without rest or something like that. Don't get me wrong that does sound impressive in it's own but with Ryu taking down giants of the SF universe such as Bison, Akuma, and Gill then there's no question that Ryu is a force to be reckoned with.

Also on a side note i don't remember where i read it but during SF4 when Ryu turns Evil he's on Akuma's level and in SF3 when Ryu has beaten the hadou within him, hes trained him self beyond the level of his SF4 evil incarnation.
---
-c0118oy-
http://www.gifsoup.com/view5/2460830/ovary-nerf-o.gif
#4Dragunov_4_everPosted 8/4/2011 6:39:46 PM
koyerrico posted...
I would definitely say Ryu, but a lot of the people who know about Tekken will say that Jin is simply because Jin beat heihachi and Kazuya in one night without rest or something like that. Don't get me wrong that does sound impressive in it's own but with Ryu taking down giants of the SF universe such as Bison, Akuma, and Gill then there's no question that Ryu is a force to be reckoned with.

Also on a side note i don't remember where i read it but during SF4 when Ryu turns Evil he's on Akuma's level and in SF3 when Ryu has beaten the hadou within him, hes trained him self beyond the level of his SF4 evil incarnation.

It was Akuma who took out Bison and Gill. Ryu hasn't really done much throughout the series, his feats. are unimpressive.
---
Official Hawkeye of the UMvC3 board!
Official Marduk of the SFxT board!
#5climhazzard99Posted 8/4/2011 7:24:45 PM
Dragunov_4_ever posted...
koyerrico posted...

It was Akuma who took out Bison and Gill. Ryu hasn't really done much throughout the series, his feats. are unimpressive.

noob coming in for a shot at arguing with you guys!
but doesnt Jin have the devil gene? doesnt it like power up the mishima family to the point where they are similar to captain america? O_o
I'm horrible with sf lore so i have nothing else to contribute.
---
PSN = Benyeh2000
skyo1234 "She personifies this board. A manly man impersonating a little girl. "
#6wthemanjrPosted 8/4/2011 7:33:23 PM
koyerrico posted...

Ryu never beat Gil, Ryu beat Bison with help from like 3 other people (Ken, Sagat, Sakura) and bison just retreated, he NEVER bea Akuma either. That being said Jin rofflstomps, if not in regular form (doubt it considering Jin has some pretty incredible "normal form" feats) then definitely as Devil Jin.

Also on a side note, Alex didn't "beat" Gill. Gill pretty much let him win as he was testing him. Gill is probably the strongest SFer ever because he considered a world smasher.
---
psn WENDELLKOBE; Vegeta:Say goodbye to ur planet Kakorott!; G: Hey thats not very nice..!; Vegeta: OF COURSE NOT IM ******** EVIL!!!! lol classic
#7dhsolidPosted 8/4/2011 7:47:52 PM(edited)
Also on a side note, Alex didn't "beat" Gill. Gill pretty much let him win as he was testing him. Gill is probably the strongest SFer ever because he considered a world smasher.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he would end the world in a single motion of his finger but potentially, it is possible but it will take years and years and years and years for him to even destroy the world. Of course when I think of destroying the world, I think of the entire planet blowing up.

His ending whether it be canon or not is pretty impressive as he separated the ocean like Moses.
---
Victor Ortega for SF X Tekken
#8ExademonPosted 8/4/2011 8:30:56 PM
I think the reason they keep sliding SFIII forward in the timeline is because they realize how stupidly powerful Gill is compared to the fighters before him. They man literally can't die.
---
Shame on him
#9SyggysPosted 8/4/2011 8:51:09 PM
They'll probably be friends in this game. Kaz said in that one trailer that Ryu is the man he wanted to meet or whatever, probably to swap tips on controlling the devil gene/satsui no hadou. So any canon match they do have will probably just be a friendly spar.. unless Jin loses control and becomes Devil Jin, then there might be a scene like the SF2 anime where Ryu has to fight a brainwashed psycho powered Ken. Anyway totallu rambling, they really need to release some new stuff we can talk about.. sooo long to TGS
---
PSN: SygBoss
#10PrimeSupergirlPosted 8/5/2011 12:43:04 AM
jin would win.