cole, toro, kuro, megaman and pacman

#1CyborgTwentyPosted 1/21/2012 5:13:04 AM
could have been 5 street fighter and tekken characters.
#2Bass_X0Posted 1/21/2012 5:19:48 AM
OBJECTION.

Toro, Kuro and Cole are because Sony wanted their own exclusive characters. Toro and Kuro have about 25% of the work put into making them compared to a regular character. They're Ryu and Kazuya clones but shorter.

We don't know about Mega Man and Pac-Man yet but Pac-Man is said to be like Mokujin - a character thats basically an alternate costume to other characters and plays 100% identical to them.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."
#3WingedRegentPosted 1/21/2012 5:35:51 AM

could have been 5 street fighter and tekken characters.

How would that have worked? If an SF character is linked to a Tekken character as per usual, the roster would be uneven. The only one I agree with is Mega Man and Pac-Man since they're from the two companies making the game, so they obviously could've not put them in and put in someone else. Toro, Kuro, and Cole are a third-party company, so chances are that Capcom and Namco hit a satisfactory number of characters and got a deal from Sony to include three guests if they had the room.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#4zhaoyun99Posted 1/21/2012 5:50:11 AM
Toro and Kuro are kinda like a cheap imitation of how Melty Blood did with the cats tbh.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#5Da_doppenPosted 1/21/2012 6:49:52 AM

Pac-Man is said to be like Mokujin

No, he is said to be riding upon a Mokujin.
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
#6MeepleLardiclePosted 1/21/2012 6:58:19 AM
Da_doppen posted...
Pac-Man is said to be like Mokujin
No, he is said to be riding upon a Mokujin.

That's only if you take Lupiniko's twitter literally. Given how Lupiniko works, I highly doubt that's the case, and "Pacman functions like Mokujin" seems more likely.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Pacman = Mokujin for Tekken side, and Megaman = Mokujin for Street Fighter side.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#7Da_doppenPosted 1/21/2012 7:01:40 AM

That's only if you take Lupiniko's twitter literally. Given how Lupiniko works, I highly doubt that's the case, and "Pacman functions like Mokujin" seems more likely.

I disagree. IIRC, he posted a silouette of a mokujin with Pac-man on his back before, and he has yet to make any similar suggestions with Megaman. And it would make no sense to have Megaman be a new character while Pac-Man is a mimic character.
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
#8CyborgTwenty(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2012 7:35:55 AM(edited)
they should call this game

Street Fighter x Tekken x Final Fight x MegaMan x Infamous x Sony Cats x Pacman
#9ChamillionLivePosted 1/21/2012 8:35:17 AM
MeepleLardicle posted...
Da_doppen posted...
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Pacman = Mokujin for Tekken side, and Megaman = Mokujin for Street Fighter side.

Me neither. Before the fight MM's armor could probably turn into a palette for another SF character.
---
This space for rent.
#10CyborgTwenty(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2012 3:24:24 PM
the main factor here is time. the time that went into these 5 could have gone into 5 street fighter and tekken fighters.