Street Fighter x Tekken (canon-tier list) not gameplay.

#101KoolAssAssassinPosted 4/3/2012 6:49:44 AM
Patriarch105 posted...
Akuma is implied to be the 2nd strongest character in the SF series after Oro (And not counting Oni a what if character)

No, Akuma is implied to be the strongest character in the SF series, hence him being referred to as the "Master of the Fist." However, it was purposely left ambiguous as to which is really stronger between him and Oro. They are most certainly the same tier though.

As for this game, I'd just like to point out that Kaz, Jin, and Ogre have to be seen as hybrids of their Tekken versions. Both Kaz and Jin can freely use their Devil powers in this game to some degree which is not the case in the Tekken games (barring TTT2 Kaz). Ogre doesn't gain his fire powers until he turns into True Ogre in Tekken. His character in this game is based around the fire being intrinsic to him. Not to mention his Super basically gives him a fire outline of True Ogre. I don't think Kaz and Jin are repesented at their full devil power levels, but they are stronger than their normal versions. I think Ogre in this game is arguably stronger than both his normal and true version in Tekken.
#102Tobi011Posted 4/3/2012 6:56:20 AM

SSS: Ingrid=Shin Akuma/Oni>Full PsychoPower Bison>2 Hand Oro

SS: Akuma>Lars>Devil Jin=Evil Ryu>Azazel=Jinpachi>True form Ogre.

S: Devil Kazuya>Gill>Seth>M. Bison=Juri>Jin>Heihachi=Gen.

A: Ryu=Cody>Kazuya=Ogre=Sagat=Dhalsim>Bryan>Sim=Rang>Abel=Raven.

B: Guy=Ken=Chun li=Lei=Law>Nina>Steve>Hugo=Guile=King>Alisa>Jack-X,

C: Vega=Balrog=Rolento>Yoshimitsu>Sakura>Zangief=Marduk>Armor King>Cammie=Asuka=Lili>Kuma/Panda>Xiaoyu>Dudley>Blanka.

D: Everyone Else...

Beyond God : Dan(he even taught Goddess Athena and the God itself to become Saikoryu Attendance...), Paul(Starting the new starwars with the whole UNIVERSE...), GON(Charge attack=Instant wins>>>>Can't even Scratch it=Nuff said)

I personally would put Gill in the SSS rank just behind Akuma.
---
Offical Gill of *insert board name here*
"The mark of my lulz will scar thy virginity"
#103Patriarch105Posted 4/3/2012 8:39:16 AM
KoolAssAssassin posted...

No, Akuma is implied to be the strongest character in the SF series, hence him being referred to as the "Master of the Fist." However, it was purposely left ambiguous as to which is really stronger between him and Oro. They are most certainly the same tier though.

Oro fought Akuma to a draw and didn't use his full power. While you could say that Akuma probably held back aswell i have this to point out.

Oro is apparently the master that will unlock Ryu's full potential. if we are talking about pure potential then Ryu is easily the strongest in the series. To unlock said potential Oro probably has to be almost as strong as ryu once all his power is unlocked.

I'd also like to point out Gen. Gen prior to his lukimia fought akuma to a draw. In SF4 he said something along the lines of "ARGH, I Hate you lukimia" And then he was cured. Thus again able to if it happend bring akuma to a draw at the very least.

BUT no one questions that Oro is stronger then Gen. BUT Gen is equal to Akuma. Then we can conclude that Gen = Akuma < Oro
---
Playing SSF4:AE + SFxT
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#104MGS4SNAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 11:57:40 AM
blazing_warlord posted...
SSS: Ingrid=Shin Akuma/Oni>Full PsychoPower Bison>2 Hand Oro

SS: Akuma>Lars>Devil Jin=Evil Ryu>Azazel=Jinpachi>True form Ogre.

S: Devil Kazuya>Gill>Seth>M. Bison=Juri>Jin>Heihachi=Gen.

A: Ryu=Cody>Kazuya=Ogre=Sagat=Dhalsim>Bryan>Sim=Rang>Abel=Raven.

B: Guy=Ken=Chun li=Lei=Law>Nina>Steve>Hugo=Guile=King>Alisa>Jack-X,

C: Vega=Balrog=Rolento>Yoshimitsu>Sakura>Zangief=Marduk>Armor King>Cammie=Asuka=Lili>Kuma/Panda>Xiaoyu>Dudley>Blanka.

D: Everyone Else...

Beyond God : Dan(he even taught Goddess Athena and the God itself to become Saikoryu Attendance...), Paul(Starting the new starwars with the whole UNIVERSE...), GON(Charge attack=Instant wins>>>>Can't even Scratch it=Nuff said)

I was trying to do this before posting but half of ppl here wouldn't understand, this is better than my list. I don't know alot about Ingrid, I believe 2 armed Oro > Everyone else. Alex from TS can = with Abel and Raven.
---
SSF4: Guy, Vega, Gen. SFxT: Raven, Vega, Hugo.
Gimme Dat Funk, Dat Sweet, Dat Nasty, Dat Gushy Stuff.
#105MGS4SNAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 12:02:18 PM
Krischaos posted...
HyperViperNZ posted...
MGS4SNAKE posted...
SSS: Lars

SS: Akuma, Jin

S: Paul, Ogre, Bison, Hei

A: Ryu, Cody, Kaz, Sagat, Bryan, Sim, Rang, Abel, Raven

B: Guy, Ken, Lei, Steve, Hugo, Guile, King, Juri, Alisa, Jack-X

C: Nina, Chun, Vega, Yoshi, Gief, Marduk, Cam, Law, Asuka, Kuma, Lento, Xiaoyu, Dudley, Blanka

D: Rog, Julia, Bob, Sak, Rufus, Lili, Ibuki, Elena, Christie

F: Poison

Not accurate? Discuss.

Why is Juri so low? She is at least equal to Bison. Paul and Cody are way too high.

because Paul beat first form Ogre and Cody was called a coward by Akuma for holding back meaning he knows how strong Cody really is

this ^

@ Patriarch105, look it up about what Oni thinks of Cody. Cody > Guy.
---
SSF4: Guy, Vega, Gen. SFxT: Raven, Vega, Hugo.
Gimme Dat Funk, Dat Sweet, Dat Nasty, Dat Gushy Stuff.
#106Chain_StrikePosted 4/3/2012 12:05:28 PM
however playable oni calls cody a coward. besides whatever oni is non canon anyway.
---
What Juri says, goes. Disagreeing will result in punishment of her choosing. So want to disobey?
#107rugahboiPosted 4/3/2012 2:14:28 PM
People take win quotes waaaay to seriously.
---
WTF ya'll lookin at
#108FujeanPosted 4/3/2012 2:20:53 PM
Why is Poison not only the lowest tier, but the only person in that tier? That's discrimination against transsexuals. I smell BS.
#109KoolAssAssassinPosted 4/3/2012 4:30:48 PM
Patriarch105 posted...

Oro fought Akuma to a draw and didn't use his full power. While you could say that Akuma probably held back aswell i have this to point out.

Oro is apparently the master that will unlock Ryu's full potential. if we are talking about pure potential then Ryu is easily the strongest in the series. To unlock said potential Oro probably has to be almost as strong as ryu once all his power is unlocked.

I'd also like to point out Gen. Gen prior to his lukimia fought akuma to a draw. In SF4 he said something along the lines of "ARGH, I Hate you lukimia" And then he was cured. Thus again able to if it happend bring akuma to a draw at the very least.

BUT no one questions that Oro is stronger then Gen. BUT Gen is equal to Akuma. Then we can conclude that Gen = Akuma < Oro

You're all over the place with this. First off, Akuma and Oro never actually fought. They met, sensed out each other's power and both left unimpressed. That makes no definitive statement about who is stronger. However using simple logic, one would have to conclude that Akuma is probably the stronger of the two based on the meeting. Why? Look at their motivations. Oro is looking for a pupil to pass on his style to. I don't think I really have to explain why he wouldn't deem Akuma as the right fit for that and leave. On the other hand, Akuma is looking for a death match. If Oro was as strong as Akuma or stronger, there is no way Akuma would have left it at a draw. His whole point in the story is finding someone who is strong enough to push him to that limit. If Oro turned out to be that person then he would have saw the confrontation to the end.

Second, nowhere has it ever been stated that Ryu is undoubtedly the strongest person when he unlocks his potential. The only thing we know about Ryu with his potential unleashed is that Akuma believes that he will be able to offer a true challenge. And even if Ryu's potential was that high, what kinda crazy leap in logic are you using to believe that Oro has to be as strong as Ryu once he finally reaches his potential to teach him. That makes no sense.

Lastly, your whole Gen argument is pointless. Oro doesn't pop onto the scene until SFIII. Gen draws with Akuma way back in the Alpha series. Akuma is stronger by SFIII. I'm not even sure where you're going with this. Is Oro stronger than Akuma was back in the Alpha series? Yeah, probably. Is Gen strong enough to pose a threat to Akuma in SFiV? We have no idea. We know Akuma is steadily training and getting stronger. We have no idea how much Gen progresses over the years. Does any of that matter when trying to assess Akuma's power against Oro's at the time of their meeting? Nope, not one bit.

Akuma and Oro are definitely the same tier. We have no real way of knowing which one is stronger. But there is no mistaking that Capcom has set up Akuma as the paragon of power in the SF universe. He's the one that represents the benchmark for the main protagonist. He's the one that's been shown doing all the superhuman feats. And he is the one that is deemed to be the "Master of the Fist." Characters like Gouken and Oro are comparable, but their role in the story is to push Ryu forward and prepare him for the inevitable conflict with Akuma. If they were strong enough to take Akuma out, then they would, especially in the case of Gouken who we know wants to keep Akuma away from his students.
#110Dragunov_4_everPosted 4/3/2012 4:55:12 PM
Ingrid and Shin Akuma aren't equal. Ingrid way more powerful.
---
TTT2: Dragunov, Marduk, Ogre, Jinpachi, Alisa, Wang