Pandora Extender Gem, more Gem Save Slots and others coming in next update

#1SamuraiLloydPosted 4/10/2012 1:54:23 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/apr/10/pandora-extender-expert-input-and-ultimate-guard-gems-part-next-free-update-street-fighter-x-tekken/

The next update for the game will include 60 Gems (including the Pandora Extender), more Gem Slots and a couple other things. Another Color Palette and other DLC is also planned for May. Full details in the link.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
#2Ludacris01Posted 4/10/2012 1:55:38 PM
More gems that won't be used at EVO? nice
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
I just saved a bunch of money by switching to shoplifting
#3dafreestylekingPosted 4/10/2012 1:56:27 PM
I'd rather have more color slots. I didn't think I'd like that feature so much. <_>
---
me: "ARGHH...I hate Seth players!"
Mom: "Stop screaming, the neighbors are knocking on the wall!"
#4BarbadoSlimPosted 4/10/2012 2:07:07 PM
So there's an expert input gem that requires precise inputs. I'm guessing if you equip that it'll give you some sort of bonus to attack, defense, or speed. Still I'm not getting how this gem could be practical online, unless it's there for bragging rights. Anyone else care to throw in there 2 cents because I'm not getting why someone would use this gem.
#5Ludacris01Posted 4/10/2012 2:07:54 PM
BarbadoSlim posted...
So there's an expert input gem that requires precise inputs. I'm guessing if you equip that it'll give you some sort of bonus to attack, defense, or speed. Still I'm not getting how this gem could be practical online, unless it's there for bragging rights. Anyone else care to throw in there 2 cents because I'm not getting why someone would use this gem.

Pros with godly execution could use it, and get more results for the same effort that they've been doing all along.

OH WAIT THATS RIGHT, CANT USE EM IN TOURNEYS LOLOLOL
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
I just saved a bunch of money by switching to shoplifting
#6BarbadoSlimPosted 4/10/2012 2:13:54 PM
Ludacris01 posted...
BarbadoSlim posted...

Pros with godly execution could use it, and get more results for the same effort that they've been doing all along.

OH WAIT THATS RIGHT, CANT USE EM IN TOURNEYS LOLOLOL

That would be pretty interesting to watch. A pro money match with extra cash thrown for both players using that gem. It could produce some crazy matches, I wonder if any pro will pick it up and use it on a stream.
#7KillswitchA7XPosted 4/10/2012 3:20:30 PM
Pandora extender is a great addition. It makes a useless mechanic into something actually viable in a match. That ultimate guard gem though....that is broken and awful in so many ways it's insane
---
UMVC3: Wesker/Captain America/ Firebrand
SSF4ae: Ken, SFxT:Xiaoyu/Vega
#8Chain_StrikePosted 4/10/2012 3:23:55 PM
that auto everything gem....almost useless. if juri does a M senpusha and they autolock, they just lost all that meter and juri gets a free combo.

and pandora extender...so now players turtle for 20 seconds instead of 8? genius...just couldnt leave it alone...could ya?
---
What Juri says, goes. Disagreeing will result in punishment of her choosing. So want to disobey?
#9KillswitchA7XPosted 4/10/2012 3:26:55 PM
Chain_Strike posted...
that auto everything gem....almost useless. if juri does a M senpusha and they autolock, they just lost all that meter and juri gets a free combo.

and pandora extender...so now players turtle for 20 seconds instead of 8? genius...just couldnt leave it alone...could ya?

At least with 20 secs you have time to get in thee and do something about the turtling. Plus if you really wanted to use them there all several gems that give an even bigger boost on pandora activation. So you can actually make it work.
---
UMVC3: Wesker/Captain America/ Firebrand
SSF4ae: Ken, SFxT:Xiaoyu/Vega
#10TelekiNoctisPosted 4/10/2012 4:20:52 PM

More gems that won't be used at EVO? nice

Blame EVO for not knowing how to run tournaments and manage their time. One of the most amateurish overrated tournaments ever.
---
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8104/itonlydoes.gif