What if Capcom decides not to produce any more SF games due to the DLC backlash?

#31ZeroBeats GhostPosted 4/12/2012 10:21:03 AM
Why would there be anymore Street Fighter games anytime soon? In the past few years, we've gotten:

- Street Fighter IV and its many iterations
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3/Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Street Fighter x Tekken

Three games offering three different styles of play. If they keep pumping out more SF and/or crossover fighters like these, it'll just over-saturate their own market. If nothing else, I'd rather them shift focus to their other franchises, such as Power Stone, Darkstalkers and Rival Schools.
---
ZeroBeat
Do androids dream of electric boogaloo?
#32MageggPosted 4/12/2012 10:25:53 AM
It's almost sure there will be a next SSFIV expansion with Elena, Hugo, Rolento and Poison, among others.
#33OmegaPillowPosted 4/12/2012 10:29:59 AM
Oh well
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#34xFINALBOSSxPosted 4/12/2012 10:58:24 AM
there's always Tekken and Virtua Fighter.
#35ChaozCloudPosted 4/12/2012 11:01:30 AM
Blazblue
Virtua Fighter
King of Fighters
Guilty Gear
Tekken
Dead or Alive
Soul Calibur
Mortal Kombat
Arcana Heart
Persona 4
Skullgirls

There are enough fighting games that even with the loss of Capcom one would not really notice.
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
"Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies." - Red Mage
#36NoizyChildPosted 4/12/2012 11:22:49 AM

Blazblue
Virtua Fighter
King of Fighters
Guilty Gear
Tekken
Dead or Alive
Soul Calibur
Mortal Kombat
Arcana Heart
Persona 4
Skullgirls

There are enough fighting games that even with the loss of Capcom one would not really notice.

Except that none of those games have the international appeal or name brand recognition on the level of Capcom.
---
In America businesses don't need profits to survive. - llaW_Enots
#37ExcIusivity69Posted 4/12/2012 11:31:16 AM
Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and King of Fighters are actually pretty popular in many countries. KoF only lacks America, and MK only lacks Asia. That doesn't matter though, they're still pretty popular internationally.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#38Natsume_Tien7Posted 4/12/2012 11:34:13 AM
ZeroBeats Ghost posted...

- Street Fighter IV and its many iterations
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3/Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Street Fighter x Tekken

All of these games are SF based or have SFs in them. Why would the series ever fully die when it's clear that it's still one of their most popular series? Even after the supposed "UMvC3 sales blunder", they decided to release another fighting game with Ryu and Chun Li only a few months later. To me, that's a sign that they are doing just fine and they probably just laugh at the consumers for making so many assumptions.
---
"You can touch me...but it'll cost you your life." -Mature
#39tehdudPosted 4/12/2012 12:20:02 PM

Except that none of those games have the international appeal or name brand recognition on the level of Capcom.

translation im a capcom fanboy and those i dont play so no one else does
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/wBhCV.gif
#40OmegaPillowPosted 4/12/2012 12:34:33 PM
NoizyChild posted...
Blazblue
Virtua Fighter
King of Fighters
Guilty Gear
Tekken
Dead or Alive
Soul Calibur
Mortal Kombat
Arcana Heart
Persona 4
Skullgirls

SFxT flopped in japan buddy
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163