This game is officially a flop

#11TheCManatorPosted 4/13/2012 9:42:24 AM
kio87gre posted...
^ and suffer more backlash

This tells me you completely failed to understand my prediction. They won't stop what they're doing, just get better at hiding it. When is the last time you heard of any company doing a 180 because of a couple setbacks?
---
This topic has been CManated.
PSN: SilentDragon870 // Mains: Cammy, Cody, Cammy/Law
#12Crimson_RexPosted 4/13/2012 9:43:59 AM
This was a unique thread.
---
Forever Dreaming: Days of Future Past
Willamette Shopper: I worship Frank West
#13ChaozCloudPosted 4/13/2012 9:46:23 AM
Sales numbers where? :(
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
"Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies." - Red Mage
#14WingedRegentPosted 4/13/2012 9:49:15 AM(edited)
I HIGHLY doubt the DLC practices affected the sales to be honest. I just think it was a lack of interest in the game in general, unless we're to assume that sales during the first week were absolutely fantastic, but it sold nothing during week 2 onward. With Super SF IV AE Ver. 2012, Ultimate MvC3, Blazblue Continuum Shift EX, and KoF 13, I'd say it's an oversaturation of the fighting game market, and that's not mentioning the now-released Skullgirls + the recently announced Guilty Gear Accent Core XX Plus on PSN/XBLA.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#15TheRushDawg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 9:50:55 AM
TheCManator posted...
kio87gre posted...
^ and suffer more backlash

This tells me you completely failed to understand my prediction. They won't stop what they're doing, just get better at hiding it. When is the last time you heard of any company doing a 180 because of a couple setbacks?

They may indeed try this approach, but it has the potential to backfire on them.

I personally believe this game would have sold significantly better had all 12 locked characters been available on launch day. I also believe that these lost sales are greater then the additional revenue Capcom will gain from selling the 12 characters as DLC.

I of course, can't prove or quantify my belief but I have a hunch. If Capcom were wise, they would do some market research to see just how much this DLC fiasco impacted sales.
#16TheRushDawg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 9:52:14 AM
WingedRegent posted...
I HIGHLY doubt the DLC practices affected the sales to be honest. I just think it was a lack of interest in the game in general, unless we're to assume that sales during the first week were absolutely fantastic, but it sold nothing during week 2 onward. With Super SF IV AE Ver. 2012, Ultimate MvC3, Blazblue Continuum Shift EX, and KoF 13, I'd say it's an oversaturation of the fighting game market, and that's not mentioning the now-released Skullgirls + the recently announced Guilty Gear Accent Core XX Plus on PSN/XBLA.

The vocal outcry on message boards, if anything, proves that there was at least SOME affect on the sales from the DLC fiasco. I personally did not buy the game as a result of it (i went for SoulCalibur V instead)
#17TheCManatorPosted 4/13/2012 9:52:25 AM
WingedRegent posted...

No, the DLC stuff was known before release, and people were hyped before they found out about it. I don't think it's as horrible as everyone makes it out to be, but I won't deny it was a major factor.
---
#18WingedRegentPosted 4/13/2012 9:53:04 AM

They may indeed try this approach, but it has the potential to backfire on them.

I personally believe this game would have sold significantly better had all 12 locked characters been available on launch day. I also believe that these lost sales are greater then the additional revenue Capcom will gain from selling the 12 characters as DLC.

I of course, can't prove or quantify my belief but I have a hunch. If Capcom were wise, they would do some market research to see just how much this DLC fiasco impacted sales.

^This, I do agree with as a whole. If those 12 were available at launch, I'm confident the game would've sold more since I remember quite a few people saying their mains weren't in the game, yet part of the 12 (I have that issue myself with Lars and Cody), so they'd wait for the 12 Character Pack. I wouldn't say the 12 characters being on the disc resulted in lost sales, but having them playable from the start= More bang for your buck= more sales.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#19WingedRegentPosted 4/13/2012 9:53:42 AM

No, the DLC stuff was known before release, and people were hyped before they found out about it. I don't think it's as horrible as everyone makes it out to be, but I won't deny it was a major factor.

I first heard of the DLC stuff around the week of the game's release. You sure the 12 Characters being on the disc were known before the game's launch?
---
#20TheCManatorPosted 4/13/2012 9:54:44 AM
TheRushDawg posted...
WingedRegent posted...

The vocal outcry on message boards, if anything, proves that there was at least SOME affect on the sales from the DLC fiasco. I personally did not buy the game as a result of it (i went for SoulCalibur V instead)

So being "incomlete" due to rushed deadline > "incomplete" due to dlc?
---