Ono news

#1john_4_pPosted 4/16/2012 3:45:37 AM
I thought Ono was in hospital, but he's traveling and tweeting as always:

"I visited at Taipei just now. I'll make preparation for new something... So, we're follow up about making modify for SFxTK."

(http://twitter.com/#!/yoshi_onochin)
#2Shiro-RedWind-Posted 4/16/2012 3:50:21 AM
He was in the hospital, but Capcom execs didn't give him a long enough resting period. They basically wanted him back on his feet to be able to go to Captivate. It's kind of sad really, because with everything Ono has been through, you would want the health of one of your employees to come first. Business is business though, and I guess he is too much of an important icon at the same time, to not have there at Captivate.
---
Notice how whenever someone goes out of their way to verbally hand OmegaPillow his ass, he can't muster any sort of meaningful response?" - Kromangnum
#3ChaozCloudPosted 4/16/2012 3:59:40 AM
Didn't they give him like 1 month vacation after he checked out from the hospital?
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
"Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies." - Red Mage
#4Shiro-RedWind-Posted 4/16/2012 4:02:53 AM
Not to my knowledge. I think the article on Eventhubs said something about him being back on his feet maybe like after he got cleared to be feeling better. If what you said is true though, a source would be helpful. I am all for him having 1 month away from business to recover, I'd say he has more than earned it.
---
Notice how whenever someone goes out of their way to verbally hand OmegaPillow his ass, he can't muster any sort of meaningful response?" - Kromangnum
#5ChaozCloudPosted 4/16/2012 4:04:57 AM
I think it was from EH, but I might just recall it wrong and I'm way too lazy to dig through that site :P
---
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
"Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies." - Red Mage
#6SonicNashPosted 4/16/2012 5:12:07 AM
Its all about the money, so they don't care about Ono's health.
#7Block_Man_XPosted 4/16/2012 5:14:01 AM
Ono got out of the hospital in about a week, then he took little break for about 3 weeks.
---
PSN-block-man-x / SSF4 Mains Vega/ MVC3 Cptn America Akuma zero/Dante Wolverine sentinel. SFxT: Vega
#8CKnightPosted 4/16/2012 5:56:06 AM
He was in the hospital, but Capcom execs didn't give him a long enough resting period. They basically wanted him back on his feet to be able to go to Captivate. It's kind of sad really, because with everything Ono has been through, you would want the health of one of your employees to come first. Business is business though, and I guess he is too much of an important icon at the same time, to not have there at Captivate.

Seems like your quick to point a finger and not have all the information. You also dont know what kind of person Ono is, some people actually like getting right back to work as soon as possible. Some people define themselves through their jobs.

I dont know what happened, actually I really dont care. But its funny you have all these assumptions about Capcom execs and then ask others for proof.
#9W3lkinPosted 4/16/2012 6:18:22 AM
CKnight posted...

Seems like your quick to point a finger and not have all the information. You also dont know what kind of person Ono is, some people actually like getting right back to work as soon as possible. Some people define themselves through their jobs.

I dont know what happened, actually I really dont care. But its funny you have all these assumptions about Capcom execs and then ask others for proof.

Last i remember Ono himself mentioned about taking a break after the accident. It seems like he isn't getting a break, so obviously somebody is pushing him.
#10CKnightPosted 4/16/2012 6:23:12 AM
Or he changed his mind, maybe he wasnt in bad a shape as he thought or maybe Capcom is pushing him or maybe he just bounced back quicker than he thought.

How can you be so sure on anything. Maybe he was resting and hated laying around all day and decided to do Captivate.

Maybe Capcom let him come back but on a lighter schedule at Ono's request. Any a number of things could of happen.